Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive seen similar posts about the volume not working(normally resolved by disconnecting the battery or re-installing the Fuse.) I've tried disconnecting the battery, but not the fuse yet since most people said the battery thing worked in place of that. The dealer I got the car from bought a new Head Unit and Screen to try and resolve the issue but no luck(they gave it to me for free lol) When I turn the Dial or the Volume Rocker on the wheel nothing happens(no volume bar whatsoever). And volume on my phone connected via bluetooth does nothing either. Is there anything else it may be? I've been living without a radio for the past two weeks lol its starting to get lonely on my drives.

Car:2013 Ford Focus ST

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,600 Posts
Does the volume indicator on the radio itself react to changes? Im wondering if you dont have some sort of amplifier issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the volume indicator on the radio itself react to changes? Im wondering if you dont have some sort of amplifier issue.
Nope it does not. Absolutely nothing. I'm not completely sure the amp is stock tho. It has a sub in the back, but the kind that is built into the side of the trunk area. I tried the fuse trick I read too but it did nothing aswell. I should also say that the other controls work on the wheel and radio just not the volume.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,600 Posts
I guess now it boils down to wheres the common denominator in this system, something that links the steering input, volume knob input, and cell phone input. BCM? GEM? Maybe the radio system itself has some sort of interface module that communicates with the rest of the car (for vehicle speed, outside temp, etc)? Unfortunately im of no help at this point as im not familiar with how this system operates.

I do know that the sub on the right side of the trunk could be stock, and your amplifier will be next to the spare tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess now it boils down to wheres the common denominator in this system, something that links the steering input, volume knob input, and cell phone input. BCM? GEM? Maybe the radio system itself has some sort of interface module that communicates with the rest of the car (for vehicle speed, outside temp, etc)? Unfortunately im of no help at this point as im not familiar with how this system operates.

I do know that the sub on the right side of the trunk could be stock, and your amplifier will be next to the spare tire.
Well at this point I may turn it over to Ford and let them fix it it'll be expensive but a month with no radio is rough as I have semi long drives. The car came with a brand new head unit I installed that and no luck so I'm at a loss. It's beyond my knowledge as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, Ive seen similar posts about the volume not working(normally resolved by disconnecting the battery or re-installing the Fuse.) I've tried disconnecting the battery, but not the fuse yet since most people said the battery thing worked in place of that. The dealer I got the car from bought a new Head Unit and Screen to try and resolve the issue but no luck(they gave it to me for free lol) When I turn the Dial or the Volume Rocker on the wheel nothing happens(no volume bar whatsoever). And volume on my phone connected via bluetooth does nothing either. Is there anything else it may be? I've been living without a radio for the past two weeks lol its starting to get lonely on my drives.

Car:2013 Ford Focus ST
It is definately the amplifier

·
Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
801 Posts
Same issue. Tried battery removal and fuse removal. Not both at once though. Not sure if that would make a difference. Still no volume

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would say the ACM (Audio control module) died on you, mine died and almost deafened me in the process, fortunately they are pretty cheap. Hey maybe even @brianlovelace has one for sale or could shed some light on this.

Reactions: StanE

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I update the sync program to the newest update like 2 months ago and haven’t had the problem since
what version are you on now? I thought i was fully up to date

·
Premium Member
801 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i kinda have the same issue. My volume on the steering wheel works. But the knob on the dash doesn’t. I can pull the fuse and it will work until i restart the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts