Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I eventually get my new wheels I'm considering purchasing THESE lug nuts. Anyone know what quality VMS is?

Registered
This has been covered, from personal experience they suck. They are aluminum and strip very easily. Also they are rated to less tq than our wheels require.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Can you think of any good alternatives? They don't have to be exact. I'm looking for gold ones, preferably spiked of some kind.

Registered
i just bought a set of gorilla lugs from cj pony parts. i love them. they are black, forged steel, and have a knurled end to make them easier to thread on by hand. well worth the $100 IMO

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think I've decided to go for these in red. Not only is getting them from CJ's a lot less bothersome because of their reliability as a company and stock, but I think red would be a bit less bling on my car. I want a classy look to my car, not for it to look too over the top. That'll all come later on when I fit the LEDs to the wheel arches and under the bodywork! :RockOn:

Just in case I do change my mind though, anyone know what Blox lug nuts are like?

Registered
the description for the blox still says aluminum, Ive never run aluminum lugs but the hassle (galling, stripping, crossthreading etc etc) seems more than any sort of "weight savings" is worth with aluminum lugs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ah, I get it. It's aluminium in general that's at issue here, not the quality of the material, construction or the brand? Okay, who's a good make of steel lug nuts who also do them in gold, especially with the points on the end? One thing I'm not interested in are open ended lug nuts.

UPDATE: I've just found that Gorilla do make their lug nuts in gold! Damn, they are so sexy, and would go great on my Tangerine Scream! :cool: Wonder why CJ doesn't stock them, especially since the Tangerine Scream ST is so popular?

I like the Gorilla ones, but are there alternatives, especially sporting the aforementioned bullet or missile like spikes on the end?

Registered
Ah, I get it. It's aluminium in general that's at issue here, not the quality of the material, construction or the brand? Okay, who's a good make of steel lug nuts who also do them in gold, especially with the points on the end? One thing I'm not interested in are open ended lug nuts.

UPDATE: I've just found that Gorilla do make their lug nuts in gold! Damn, they are so sexy, and would go great on my Tangerine Scream! :cool: Wonder why CJ doesn't stock them, especially since the Tangerine Scream ST is so popular?

I like the Gorilla ones, but are there alternatives, especially sporting the aforementioned bullet or missile like spikes on the end?
I've had the red Gorilla lugs and the color chipped off so easy it was ridiculous. The gold ones appear to be the same kind of finish, so I'm guessing they would do the same. I'd look for something anodized.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts