Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a dilemma

@Bitters over on the RS Forum PMd me for some options for Auto Cross wheels. He said they have to be the same width as stock and within 7mm + or - of the stock offset. Thinking this would lead me down the road of a bunch of Tire Rack / Discount Tire choices. I was surprised to not only find that the Advan RSII is available in a 18x8 5x108 +50mm, but Advan has 6 wheels in their warehouse in Japan right now.

So the problem is I have this shrinking opportunity of a huge discount on Rays/Advan/Gram Light wheels both in stock in the US or Japan and for Custom Orders that ends on the 31st. I just sent over a PO for a large stock order to our Rays/Advan/Gram Light distributor for (it's looking like we are going to be up to) 12 sets of TE37's for the RS, some M3 wheels and a bunch of GTR wheels. The only way I will be able to bring 4 (or all 6) of these Advans over is if I get a deposit by the 31st. The MSRP on a set of 4 is close to $2700 shipped. I am coming in at a very generous discount, well below MSRP. So is anyone in dire need to get a set of Auto Cross legal Advans for their RS?

This is an opportunity to take advantage of for sure. Picture of the wheel below in Semi Gloss Black which is the finish that's in stock. Buy 4 or all 6, I'll discount all 6 even more so you have some backups. Bitters is unable to take advantage of the deal at this time so I am just trying to get them over here as my wheel budget has depleted due to this huge order.

ADV-RSII-black.jpg

*EDIT - I have confirmed clearance of these wheels over the stock calipers with Advan's engineers. Deposit required is 50% Non refundable. Lead time is 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Bump. To be specific, these Advans will be G Street (GS) specific legal:

Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following:
A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset
more than ±7.00 mm (±0.275”) from a standard wheel for the car. The
resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the standard
part

If you run in STX or higher, the wheel allowances are a bit more generous (STX allowing up to a 9 inch width) and most already know that these guys can get some pretty nice wheels in various widths and offsets for the ST.

Reactions: VividRacing

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. To be specific, these Advans will be G Street (GS) specific legal:

Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following:
A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset
more than ±7.00 mm (±0.275”) from a standard wheel for the car. The
resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the standard
part

If you run in STX or higher, the wheel allowances are a bit more generous (STX allowing up to a 9 inch width) and most already know that these guys can get some pretty nice wheels in various widths and offsets for the ST.
Thank you for the details!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts