Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found this picture of this Focus with offset stripes that I really like online and got a quote from a local vinyl wrap shop for $250 to have just the stripes put on my car (Originally he said $2,300, but my car is already yellow, why would I get it wrapped in the same color?). All I did is send him the attached images and he said I could bring the car in 4/3/17 to get it done.

I know $2,300 is appropriate for a full car wrap, but offhand this still seems a bit low to me. I've never had any experience with wraps of any kind so I'm hoping someone on here can tell me if that sounds right, or if i should run for the hills.

I did look through their website, and they have a lot of other jobs they've done posted on there, so I'm pretty sure the shop itself is reputable. Mabye.

Thanks in advance Focus ST Stripe_rear.png Focus ST Stripe_front.png

·
Registered
660 Posts
So I found this picture of this Focus with offset stripes that I really like online and got a quote from a local vinyl wrap shop for $250 to have just the stripes put on my car (Originally he said $2,300, but my car is already yellow, why would I get it wrapped in the same color?). All I did is send him the attached images and he said I could bring the car in 4/3/17 to get it done.

I know $2,300 is appropriate for a full car wrap, but offhand this still seems a bit low to me. I've never had any experience with wraps of any kind so I'm hoping someone on here can tell me if that sounds right, or if i should run for the hills.

I did look through their website, and they have a lot of other jobs they've done posted on there, so I'm pretty sure the shop itself is reputable. Mabye.

Thanks in advance View attachment 220489 View attachment 220497
Those prices don't seem terrible. Make sure they absolutely warranty their work and that it is 100% done correctly if you don't know them. Don't want that vinyl peeling up in a few months and they tell you to f$%^ off!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can do it yourself with fair ease and some extra hands. I have done it in the past and have a vinyl cuter in my house.

You will need some plastic vinyl application squeegees, a spray bottle, and either vinyl application solution or some dish soap if you wanna do it on the cheap.

In the bottle you will either mix the water and solution or water and a drop of soap... you don't need much, just enough to soften the water

1. Make sure the car is clean and you ideally want to do it inside on a day that is fairly warm.

2. Use blue tape to mark out a guide line to the left of right of where your stripe is going to be. This is key to make sure you get it on straight.. Which is probably the hardest part.

3. Once you are satisfied with your guide and they look straight, you apply.

4. Use the squeegee to rub the vinyl and insure it sticks to the transfer tape and doesn't come off with the backing.

5. Peel of the backing and spray it really well with water solution. You can't overdo it.. Get it dripping wet. Also spray the car.

6. lay the vinyl down and float it into position, Then squeegee out the water & bubbles from the center out, start lightly and gradually increase pressure before peeling up the transfer tape. If the vinyl comes up with the transfer tape, let it dry a bit and try to peel it again.

If you need to peel it up and reposition, do it while wet and just spray it a little again. Once it does, it's on. Just take your time and remember the spray is your friend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts