Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

WARNING: The turbo, neither the motor are coming out ever so browse along if you are into that

My dad was so nice to pass his car genes onto me, I did go a little overboard with it. Some pictures of my previous rides:

So they had something in common
-All Toyota (well the last one was more a Subaru .. )
-All coupes
-All lacked torque
For the last two years I have driven a company car and no fun car. Company car had to go last summer so the search began for something new. I started the search with Japanese cars but the prices makes no sense, who pais 18kEUR for a 15 year old STI ... Turned out I could buy a 5 year old ST for less, so here we are ..

My first ST (yes this one is already sold) was bought in June and came with
-Mongoose de-cat
-Milltek non-resonated exhaust
-ST suspension coilovers
-KN intake
-RST short shifter plate
I've added:
-Retrofit HID in Depo headlights
-Amazon rear view camera

One thing let to another and I've came across another ST, same color, same year but much better spec'd and lower milage. Decided to go for that one, transfer some mods and sell the first one after just owning it two months. Unfortunately the Milltek exhaust wouldn't budge so it staid with the car. I also left the de-cat on there and the shift plate. Intake and coilovers where removed and the car was sold looking like this (still a beauty):

The new one arrived a week later, like I said, some car but better spec'd: OEM HID, leather/cloth Recaros, sunroof, key less entry and start, cruise control, folding mirrors with puddle lights, rear view camera, rear distance sensors etc etc. Just no full leather seats or DAB+, I think it really has all other options that where available:

Overall the car is in nice condition, some wear on the steering wheel and shift knob. Brakes are end of life, tires a no name brand so they had to go. Found some nice RS Brembos locally (awfully painted so I've stripped the paint and repainted with VHT brake paint). Same seller also had nice RS wheels with new Michelin Pilot Super Sports available. I was planning on something different but this was to good to pass.

Fitted together with the coilovers:

This fixed the worn brake pads and lousy tires. Next up, fixing the wear on the inside:

And fixing the minimal wear on the outside, full detail with Nanolex Si3D paint coating:

Last update for now, Cobb AP v3. Running the Cobb OTS stage 1 tune scared me to death. Heavy stuttering on WOT, thanks to this forum I've found out that the plugs where most likely the cause of this. Changed them to Denso ITV22 with proper gap and now it runs 1.4 bar boost smooth as butter

More pictures to follow soon after the intercooler, downpipe, exhaust, motor mount install

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Nice car and interesting mods! I live in Florida USA now, but in the late 90s I spent 3 years in Köln Germany, not far from you!

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Interested in a couple of things you have done - did you get your new steering wheel cover from Redlinegoods? Did you install it yourself? I have a new cover being installed at the moment also - BMW style stitching. Also, where did you get the ST floor mats ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@StanE Thanks! Yes Köln is quite close, I bought both of my STs from that area. It's like a 2 hour drive from my home.

I didn't buy my steering wheel cover from Redlinegoods, I did look into it, but I was afraid to mess it up. I bought mine from the UK (www.Royalsteeringwheels.com/). They had a core exchange option available and delivered the wheel within two weeks. Very happy with them.

Your cover looks good too, great job on the stitching

Floor mats are from Germany (Autofußmatten Autoteppiche Kofferraumteppiche). They don't show them on the website, but they look amazing and the driver one is longer, much better than the oem fit:

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Very interesting- I will have to jump on their website to see if they would ship mats to the US.
Yes - I know my limits, so my steering wheel cover is being professionally installed at the moment (I bought a scruffy secondhand one off EBay to send to them).
Also, are those lighted ST sill plates??

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Just send them an email, good luck!
Yes they are lighted ST sill plates, quite common over here on these cars. The car also has this red footwell and door handles lighting.
Just sent them an email inquiry - it was good to practice writing in German again....:unsure:. The lighted sill plates are available here as an accessory, but never fitted from the factory as far as I know. Also, redlinegoods makes nice leather gearshift, handbrake gaiters and centre console covers, which would complement your steering wheel.....photo of mine attached.....

·
Registered
764 Posts
hey, jij ook hier? :cool:

Reactions: VinST

·
Registered
15 Posts
WARNING: The turbo, neither the motor are coming out ever so browse along if you are into that

My dad was so nice to pass his car genes onto me, I did go a little overboard with it. Some pictures of my previous rides:

So they had something in common
-All Toyota (well the last one was more a Subaru .. )
-All coupes
-All lacked torque
For the last two years I have driven a company car and no fun car. Company car had to go last summer so the search began for something new. I started the search with Japanese cars but the prices makes no sense, who pais 18kEUR for a 15 year old STI ... Turned out I could buy a 5 year old ST for less, so here we are ..

My first ST (yes this one is already sold) was bought in June and came with
-Mongoose de-cat
-Milltek non-resonated exhaust
-ST suspension coilovers
-KN intake
-RST short shifter plate
I've added:
-Retrofit HID in Depo headlights
-Amazon rear view camera

One thing let to another and I've came across another ST, same color, same year but much better spec'd and lower milage. Decided to go for that one, transfer some mods and sell the first one after just owning it two months. Unfortunately the Milltek exhaust wouldn't budge so it staid with the car. I also left the de-cat on there and the shift plate. Intake and coilovers where removed and the car was sold looking like this (still a beauty):

The new one arrived a week later, like I said, some car but better spec'd: OEM HID, leather/cloth Recaros, sunroof, key less entry and start, cruise control, folding mirrors with puddle lights, rear view camera, rear distance sensors etc etc. Just no full leather seats or DAB+, I think it really has all other options that where available:

Overall the car is in nice condition, some wear on the steering wheel and shift knob. Brakes are end of life, tires a no name brand so they had to go. Found some nice RS Brembos locally (awfully painted so I've stripped the paint and repainted with VHT brake paint). Same seller also had nice RS wheels with new Michelin Pilot Super Sports available. I was planning on something different but this was to good to pass.
View attachment 383239

Fitted together with the coilovers:

This fixed the worn brake pads and lousy tires. Next up, fixing the wear on the inside:

And fixing the minimal wear on the outside, full detail with Nanolex Si3D paint coating:

Last update for now, Cobb AP v3. Running the Cobb OTS stage 1 tune scared me to death. Heavy stuttering on WOT, thanks to this forum I've found out that the plugs where most likely the cause of this. Changed them to Denso ITV22 with proper gap and now it runs 1.4 bar boost smooth as butter

More pictures to follow soon after the intercooler, downpipe, exhaust, motor mount install
@StanE Thanks! Yes Köln is quite close, I bought both of my STs from that area. It's like a 2 hour drive from my home.

I didn't buy my steering wheel cover from Redlinegoods, I did look into it, but I was afraid to mess it up. I bought mine from the UK (www.Royalsteeringwheels.com/). They had a core exchange option available and delivered the wheel within two weeks. Very happy with them.

Your cover looks good too, great job on the stitching

Floor mats are from Germany (Autofußmatten Autoteppiche Kofferraumteppiche). They don't show them on the website, but they look amazing and the driver one is longer, much better than the oem fit:

If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much. Nice car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much. Nice car.
True that!

Yesterday it was modding time:
-Airtec intercooler
-Milltek big bore downpipe catted
-Milltek non resonated catback with black tips
-Stratified tune

The torque is amazing, even on the 91 map. We have plenty of euro98 (93 equivalent) fuel over here. Did the first drive on the 91 map, just to be on the safe side. It doesn't pull timing anywhere, so it seems to run ok. Here is the log if anyone would like to chip in:

Will try the 93 map next and make some better logs with 3rd and 4rd gear pulls starting at 2500 rpm. I did order it with the datalog refinement so let's see how many revision it will take

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,600 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So time for another update.

I had a dead pedal made, two layer stainless steel, bottom layer painted red. Simple mod, yet it really adds something to the interior, the stock Facelift dead pedal is way to cheap. (pre face doesn't have any..)

Black Friday got me some Autobeam leds and 5000k D3s bulbs. Love the black mirror indicators and the leds in the exterior lights. Indicators are super super bright, nobody will miss them while driving, not even if they are not paying attention and are looking on their phone, that's how bright they are!

Got this nice plaque with the cars build number.

Made some more pictures of the car

I love this car! It's the perfect combination of a project car and a daily! I can pick up the kids from school and loose traction while accelerating in 3rd gear due to the crazy amount of torque. The Stratified tune and supporting mods really woke the beaST, estimated power (vdyno) 250whp and 460nm

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,600 Posts
Looks fantastic!

Reactions: VinST
1 - 20 of 27 Posts