Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm seriously considering going big turbo in the next year... if I can swing the cost. I've looked the requirements and the only thing I haven't done is an intake. My dream would be to get the CP-E Atmosphere kit but at over $4k, it's going to stay a dream. I'm currently leaning towards the ATP GTX2867R Gen 2 turbo since it's currently about $2200. Still expensive but a lot better than $4k. From what I understand, it's the most commonly used big turbo for the 2.0 Ecoboost motor and it is a direct swap. Making 400+ whp in an ST would be amazing. Thoughts?
An intake is not a requirement for big turbo...sure it can help suck in more air and wont hurt but its not a necessity, your green filter would be fine to start. Turbo first then spend later on an intake. You wont hit 400whp on just that turbo alone though, your stock fuel system will max out around 350whp. You will need to spend on aux fuel and/or watermeth and tune for it to see 400whp.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
An intake is not a requirement for big turbo...sure it can help suck in more air and wont hurt but its not a necessity, your green filter would be fine to start. Turbo first then spend later on an intake. You wont hit 400whp on just that turbo alone though, your stock fuel system will max out around 350whp. You will need to spend on aux fuel and/or watermeth and tune for it to see 400whp.
Then I'd be happy with 350. I'm not looking to go aux fuel ever. I know the intake isn't a necessity but everything I've been reading suggests it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've read through your build and I want to say Thank You for taking the time to let us in on your journey. I'm getting quite a few bad ideas that my spouse is definitely not going to like if I go through with them! Big turbo....<Insert Homer voice here....>

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I've read through your build and I want to say Thank You for taking the time to let us in on your journey. I'm getting quite a few bad ideas that my spouse is definitely not going to like if I go through with them! Big turbo....<Insert Homer voice here....>
Thanks and good luck with the spouse!. It's been a mostly fun journey so far. I've actually decided not to go big turbo for now. That $2200 is really needed elsewhere right now but, I'm saving all my pennies so maybe. I'll be not doing anything more to the car for a bit with the holidays and a Disney trip coming up. Maybe speakers or something.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hear that. $2200 always seems to have many hands out wanting it in some way. I'm trying to do all the inexpensive mods first but the LSD and tune are coming, and maybe a BT kit once the warranty isn't an issue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I hear that. $2200 always seems to have many hands out wanting it in some way. I'm trying to do all the inexpensive mods first but the LSD and tune are coming, and maybe a BT kit once the warranty isn't an issue.
The tune is the biggest instant improvement you will see. I wish I would have done that first. JST is who I recommend once you pull the trigger on it. The OTS Cobb tune will work until you start installing upgrades. The intercooler is also a big improvement that you won't feel. IMHO, those two upgrades key to opening up the car.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts