Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Finally! Part 7

I absolutely love how this came out. From start to finish, it was about 5-1/2 hours.

I've got Fog Light Armour on the way to me and should be in my hands tomorrow. I'll post about those soon. I'll be done for a bit after that. I'm saving for white vinyl stripes and maybe some Trackspec hood vents.

7-14-19 - 14.jpg

Pay no attention to the Hellcat...
7-14-19 - 15.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Fog Light Armor

I ordered some blue acrylic lenses from the Fog Light Guy. They're pretty heavy duty and should do a good job protecting the fog lights. However, I'm disappointed that the blue is so light. When the fogs are on, you can't see a difference at all.

I contacted them and their response was that they have to use a light "Neptune" blue as anything darker was causing issues with the police. I understand the reasoning. I may tint them darker myself. I haven't decided yet.

Looks good with the light off
Fog Light Armor.jpg

Can't see any difference with the light on.
Fog Light Armor2.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
First the ugh then the yay!

Just a quick update.

Found these while hand washing the ST.
20190721_131958.jpg

20190721_132003.jpg

The yay part is that I'm scheduled for white vinyl stripes to be installed on August 17th. Just in time for my club's biggest meet of the year. The guy installing them is going to fix the clearcoat chipping before they get covered with the vinyl.
I'll take photos of the whole process so stay tuned!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Vinyl Samples

Here's a few quick photos of the sample choices for the stripes. Which one should I go for?

Satin Flip Ghost Pearl
Satin Flip Ghost Pearl.jpg

Diamond White
Diamond White.jpg

Gloss White Gold Sparkle
Gloss White Gold Sparkle.jpg

Satin Frozen Vanilla
Satin Frozen Vanilla .jpg

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I kind of like the effect of the flip. However I think the gold sparkle would look good against the blue with some gold or bronze Wheels.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Quit making a clone of my car! haha I have a light bar with that same type of switch in the same spot. It fits in beautifully with the interior. I've got red accents as opposed to your white though. Red snorkel, shift knob, etc

I personally like the last of the stripe options

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I'm also for Diamond white.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Quit making a clone of my car! haha I have a light bar with that same type of switch in the same spot. It fits in beautifully with the interior. I've got red accents as opposed to your white though. Red snorkel, shift knob, etc

I personally like the last of the stripe options
HAHA. How close are we? Do you have the blue seats? I thought about red but I like the bright contrast of the white. Red or gray stripes were optional packages with this car and I wanted to do something different. I haven't done anything on the outside except the grille work. The stripes will really set it off. I've already chosen the vinyl. I just wondered what people thought of my options. The reveal will come on August 17th.

·
Registered
538 Posts
HAHA. How close are we? Do you have the blue seats? I thought about red but I like the bright contrast of the white. Red or gray stripes were optional packages with this car and I wanted to do something different. I haven't done anything on the outside except the grille work. The stripes will really set it off. I've already chosen the vinyl. I just wondered what people thought of my options. The reveal will come on August 17th.
I've got the blue seats, but no stripes lol the other stuff you're doing with white accents, I did in red. It looks good though!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Ordered and installed some sickspeed lugnuts. I love they way they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Mitch and Mario from CP-E were local for the weekend while they helped a racer @ NJMP for the Time Attack races. So, of course we had to put together a last minute meet. Mario being in the NJ/ST club and all.

You can follow CP-E on Instgram at @GOCPE. Mitch is @cpe_mitch, and Mario is @sleeper_fusion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Achievement Unlocked. The vinyl stripes have been added. The winner is Satin Flip Ghost Pearl! I'm stoked! I love how it came out.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Those stripes look awesome!! They make it a completely different car! WOW!!

If I had a Kona blue, I’d be looking to duplicate what you’ve done...cool stuff man!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Love the blue wheels and the stripes. Really nice job overall.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
On 8/25/19, the club I am a member of, NJ/ST, attended our biggest event of the season. The Battle of the Clubs at the Atco raceway in Atco, NJ. It was a couple of firsts for me. First time attending a car show with a club and the first time I've ever shown a car of my own. There were many clubs in attendance and, just guessing, 350 to 400 cars. I had a great time with my club and met many of the members from the northern reaches of NJ that I'm to far away from to see more often.

The biggest surprise was I won an award for being chosen as one of the "Top 25." It's the people's choice, more or less. Each club toured the entire field of entries and chose the one they liked the best from each club. I was awarded 4th of the 25. Another first... My first award. All in all, a great day.

Rolling in 24 deep with the squad.

In line with the squad.

Prepping for the show

The long row.

The clown car competition. I'm in there somewhere! We lost with 15 people. A Toyota won with 22 people!

My award plaque

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Here are photos of the rest of the squad.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I'm seriously considering going big turbo in the next year... if I can swing the cost. I've looked the requirements and the only thing I haven't done is an intake. My dream would be to get the CP-E Atmosphere kit but at over $4k, it's going to stay a dream. I'm currently leaning towards the ATP GTX2867R Gen 2 turbo since it's currently about $2200. Still expensive but a lot better than $4k. From what I understand, it's the most commonly used big turbo for the 2.0 Ecoboost motor and it is a direct swap. Making 400+ whp in an ST would be amazing. Thoughts?

81 - 100 of 106 Posts