Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Surprise

After a friend in my car club kept telling my that my Blow Off Valve was much louder than his, I finally took the wheel off to get a better look. I was surprised to see a Turbosmart Kompact shortie BOV. I bought the car with 34k miles on it so it must have been done by the previous owner. I thought it was that loud stock. I nice $170 mod for free. Something else for my friend to be jealous about. LMAO.

20190701_125744.jpg

20190701_125720.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Cabin air filter

Public Services Announcement!

Change your cabin air filters!

I assume mine has never been replaced since I bought the car pre-owned so this is what it looks like after 50k miles.

20190703_112120.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Water

I decided to replace my stock tail lights with some smoked LEDs. The housing of my drivers side light pod is coming apart and water is getting inside.

That little white line at the bottom of the backup light is the lens coming apart.
20190705_121044.jpg

I ordered these little buggers. Should have them in about a week.
20190705-132003_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
LED taillight install

This has to be the easiest upgrade I've ever done. The entire thing took less than 10 minutes. The lights are held on by two plastic screws on the inside of the vehicle. I had to use pliers to break them loose then they came right off. The lights themselves are plug and play. Now I need to find a smoked 3rd brake light to match.

Spec-D LED lights in the box
Spec-D LED Smoked Taillights.jpg

Before
Lights - Before.jpg

After - Just running lights
Lights - After 1.jpg

After - Brakes lit
Lights - After 2.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks good man! I have those same ones but in black. whats up with the one exhaust tip hahaha :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Looks good man! I have those same ones but in black. whats up with the one exhaust tip hahaha :lol:
Thanks! I really love them. I went for the smoked as I thought the black would just make the car too dark and I love seeing the bright colors.

The tip is funny. One of the bell clamps for my tips was the wrong size in the box from CP-E so I could only put one one. I contacted them and after a small shipping delay, I'll have the clamp tomorrow. I actually ordered black tips but didn't want to put them on until I could do both at the same time. Everything should be right by tomorrow afternoon. Photos will be posted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Personalized Plates

I ordered my custom license plates on Saturday night. I wonder how long it will take to get them...

Can you read it?
License Plate.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
dragon master? lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
339 Posts
dungeon master! thats all i got haha

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Correct!

dungeon master! thats all i got haha
Well done! I'm a huge RPG nerd and have been playing D&D and other tabletop RPG's for almost 30 years.

I just got the email a few minutes ago that the plate was approved. Bummer is it said 8 to 10 weeks for delivery.

20180808_200045.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well done! I'm a huge RPG nerd and have been playing D&D and other tabletop RPG's for almost 30 years.

I just got the email a few minutes ago that the plate was approved. Bummer is it said 8 to 10 weeks for delivery.

View attachment 360639
Never really played those games. Just didnt interest me I guess. Thats cool it was approved but 2 months for delivery... sheesh! You have that tattooed on your arm :O

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Video Clip

Here is a quick idle and rev video I did with the new CP-E Austenite Exhaust. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
72 Posts

View attachment 360639
Love it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Finally! Part 1

I was finally able to carve out time with a friend that does auto electrical to help me. I've had all these parts since early February. The following few posts are of us installing a CP-E lightweight intercooler, Velossa Tech big mouth snorkel, & an LED lightbar.

Before all the fun began. The last time she'll ever look stock again.
7-14-19 - 01.jpg

After removing the front clip. It's not at all as hard as it sounds. You'll need to put the front on jack stands and pull the front wheels off. About 10 screws across the bottom, 6 across the top, a couple plastic push pins in the wheel wells and off it comes.
7-14-19 - 02.jpg

This is what it looks like after active shutters and the plastic across the crash bar was removed.
7-14-19 - 03.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Finally! Part 2

Shaving the back of the grill to open it up was much easier then I expected. After reading other peoples accounts of doing it, I expected it to take anywhere from an hour to 4 hours. Amazingly, it only took 20 minutes! I guess a 40 grit flap disc and a powerful angle grinder does the job well.

Before
7-14-19 - 05.jpg

After
7-14-19 - 06.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Finally! Part 3

Here's the newly shaved grill back in the front clip. I also removed the lower grill in front of the intercooler with a die grinder. It was a little tight in there. Now I have to order some touch-up paint but, that's the way it goes sometimes.

7-14-19 - 07.jpg

Next, I painted the crash bar flat black. Just IMO, seeing the crash bar thru the open grill is kinda cheesy.
7-14-19 - 04.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Finally! Part 4

Velossa Tech snorkel,intercooler, and the LED lightbar installed. I did not change the charge pipes for the intercooler. The small bolts behind it were a pain though.

7-14-19 - 08.jpg

A quick power test for the light
7-14-19 - 09.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Finally! Part 5

The only shots I took while he had the interior torn apart. The switch for the light was the perfect size to sit in the 12v port next to the shifter. I never used it anyway.

7-14-19 - 10.jpg

7-14-19 - 11.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Finally! Part 6

Front clip reattached.

7-14-19 - 12.jpg

Light test after reassembly. Looking awesome.
7-14-19 - 13.jpg

61 - 80 of 103 Posts