Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Saddest thing is- Most people have SOMEWHAT a sense of humor, and at the end of the day I was JK, but obviously Johnny doesn't play well with others.

This one is on me for making the thread go haywire lmao Sorry peeps

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Saddest thing is- Most people have SOMEWHAT a sense of humor, and at the end of the day I was JK, but obviously Johnny doesn't play well with others.

This one is on me for making the thread go haywire lmao Sorry peeps
Hopefully I'll have an update soon so I can get my build thread back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Photo

Here. No new upgrades but some photos showing the glory of Kona Blue.

20190511_152136.jpg

20190511_152039.jpg

20190511_152221.jpg

20190511_152310.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,435 Posts
"oh is it bcuz my tag name says FSTnoob? and you think it aint my car? i dont want to get someone compliments but its clearly said on this tread My Kona Blue Build? so idk if you're a dumb? or really a dumb? I didn't know some of the seniors here act like a jerk LoL! Oh by the way about the animation? atleast i know how to make it? not like you man? a damn fckn senior who act like a jerk? Are you jealous to my ST or what?"

I did my best to refrain from responding, but how can I not with the amount of grammatical & punctuation errors, while proceeding to literally say "so idk you're a dumb? Or really a dumb"

No friend- I believe you may need to attend Elementary School again to brush up on some things.

Back to the thread/build- I like it ��
Well this got you a temp ban.

Just leave the poor guy alone. There's plenty of other threads on here.

I just did what you did, post recognition. You should have edited yours though.

Now back to the build thread.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You gotta throw some tire grease on there to make the wheels really pop!!
I usually do but I've been lax on the cleaning. Also, the weather has been **** here lately.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just a quick little update. I'll be getting the last of the insurance settlement from my accident in a few weeks. I'm thinking of picking up the following. Opinions?

JST Access Port
https://jst-performance.com/collections/custom-tuning/products/cobb-ford-accessport-v3-w-protune?variant=37478124999
JST is a popular tuner that many people recommend, buying a new AP plus the unlimited tune is a good way to go if you plan on revising/modifying throughout your ownership of the car. I've seen unmarried AP's for sale starting around $400 so you could save some money going that route, but for ease of mind/simplicity/timing buying the package with JST is not a bad idea.
I've been tuned by Mountune (previously) and Tune+ (currently). Both tuners have been great. Mountune is definitely a little more conservative and I REALLY love the tune I have from Adam at Tune+. I need better grippies to really put down the power I'm getting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
JST is a popular tuner that many people recommend, buying a new AP plus the unlimited tune is a good way to go if you plan on revising/modifying throughout your ownership of the car. I've seen unmarried AP's for sale starting around $400 so you could save some money going that route, but for ease of mind/simplicity/timing buying the package with JST is not a bad idea.
I've been tuned by Mountune (previously) and Tune+ (currently). Both tuners have been great. Mountune is definitely a little more conservative and I REALLY love the tune I have from Adam at Tune+. I need better grippies to really put down the power I'm getting.
Yeah, purchasing a used AP scares me a little. I'd rather buy the JST new with the unlimited tuning as I add more parts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Tint applied

Had 15% tint added to the side and hatch windows. Looks great.

Tint1.jpg

Tint2.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Finally had a chance to clean her up this morning. Good I love Kona Blue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Added 15% tint to the sides & hatch windows and rain guards to the windows. Ordering the CP-E exhaust and a JST access port next week. I hear they're going to have big Father's Day sales.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Cobb Accessport tuned by JST was ordered yesterday. Exhaust gets ordered Sunday. Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
JST for the WIN

I ordered a Cobb access port from JST on Monday afternoon and had it on Tuesday. The rest of my order from JST is due Friday. I installed the program on my Surface and updated the firmware on the access port.

then, I uploaded the Cobb Stage One 93 map to the car and took it for a quick ride on my lunch break. I am amazed at the difference in the vehicle. It's like driving a completely different car. The front wheels broke loose all thru 1st gear and part of 2nd.
I saved the base map, filled out my form, and sent everything off to Brian @ JST. I had my custom base map back in under an hour. I am truly stunned at how the car acts now. I'm going to try and get the data logging done on Thursday night.

On a side note, the CP-E Austenite exhaust gets ordered on Sunday. I'm getting it with the black tips.

JST Order.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Special Update

No mods but a special update for me. The car is officially paid off. Took 9 months and an insurance settlement but it's all mine now.

CarMax.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Exhaust!

The CP-E Austenite exhaust was ordered on 6/7 and received on 6/21. There was some delay as the black tips were still being manufactured. CP-E was kind enough to ship my order with the Titan tips then ship the black tips once they were done.

What could be in the box?
20190628_135145.jpg

Oh snap!
20190628_135322.jpg

Stock Exhaust
20190628_142924.jpg
20190628_142919.jpg
20190628_142846.jpg
20190628_142800.jpg

The bolts to the down pipe were rusted on so I had to cut them off with a die grinder. Yay for air tools!
20190629_083748.jpg

Getting this out is not easy when you don't have access to a lift.
20190628_180805.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Exhaust! Part 2

The new setup
20190628_180731.jpg

Couldn't put the tips on as they sent me two different size clamps.
20190628_193204.jpg
20190628_193326.jpg

No tips
20190628_202031.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Quick Rear shot

I know it's not everyone's taste but I like supporting the companies of performance parts I use on my ST. I'm also a Scifi geek. Here's a quick shot of my hatch window. More on the way. Oh, and there's my Instagram tag. Give me a follow. Thanks!

20190626_183221.jpg

41 - 60 of 106 Posts