Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
what's next

I'm seriously leaning towards getting an Accesport & tune from JST. I've been doing tons of research and I know people say JST has a ton of fanboys but they do seem to have a good product. I do not want those stupid crackles & pops. It's very annoying. I just want a good performance mod for a daily driver.

Other than the accessport, I'm thinking of the CP-E quad tip exhaust. It's a bit pricey but it looks and sounds awesome, IMO.

Oh, and I may spring for some tint. I'm thinking 35% on the side windows and 15% on the back window.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm seriously leaning towards getting an Accesport & tune from JST. I've been doing tons of research and I know people say JST has a ton of fanboys but they do seem to have a good product. I do not want those stupid crackles & pops. It's very annoying. I just want a good performance mod for a daily driver.

Other than the accessport, I'm thinking of the CP-E quad tip exhaust. It's a bit pricey but it looks and sounds awesome, IMO.

Oh, and I may spring for some tint. I'm thinking 35% on the side windows and 15% on the back window.
Looks good. As far as tunes I think I'm going to go with jst also. I've been running the OTs stage 3 91 octane tune and I fill with 93. And that seems to be doing pretty well for right now. as far as tint I've always liked it as dark as I can legally go. Which in fortunately in New York means I could only add 15% tint on the side windows.add some shifter mods if you don't already have them it'll make driving it so much better. Solid cable Mount bushings, solid cable end bushings, short shift arm, and a heavier shift knob make driving so much more pleasurable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks good. As far as tunes I think I'm going to go with jst also. I've been running the OTs stage 3 91 octane tune and I fill with 93. And that seems to be doing pretty well for right now. as far as tint I've always liked it as dark as I can legally go. Which in fortunately in New York means I could only add 15% tint on the side windows.add some shifter mods if you don't already have them it'll make driving it so much better. Solid cable Mount bushings, solid cable end bushings, short shift arm, and a heavier shift knob make driving so much more pleasurable.
Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into anything shifter wise yet. The replacement knob I bought is a bit heavier than the stock one and the adapter made it a bit taller but I don't mind the height. The CP-E RMM really made the most difference in providing solid shifts. The vibration was ridiculous in the beginning but has settled down to a tolerable level.

As far as the tint, any non-factory tint is illegal in NJ but the police don't seem to bother anyone as long as it's not super dark.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into anything shifter wise yet. The replacement knob I bought is a bit heavier than the stock one and the adapter made it a bit taller but I don't mind the height. The CP-E RMM really made the most difference in providing solid shifts.
I would also highly recommend upgrading the shifting components, it's the first thing I did and it's a great bang for your buck. If you wan't to save some money like I did, plus have a super easy install, you can go with a short shift plate (I have the Cobb one but there are many good ones out there). Takes maybe 20-30 mins to install, plus you can replace the bushings at the same time.

Also, when you mentioned the red calipers, I too have a '16 Kona blue and mine came with red painted rotors. Personally, I strongly dislike the red just because I think it doesn't go great with the blue - I would have preferred them unpainted or even painted white haha.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would also highly recommend upgrading the shifting components, it's the first thing I did and it's a great bang for your buck. If you wan't to save some money like I did, plus have a super easy install, you can go with a short shift plate (I have the Cobb one but there are many good ones out there). Takes maybe 20-30 mins to install, plus you can replace the bushings at the same time.

Also, when you mentioned the red calipers, I too have a '16 Kona blue and mine came with red painted rotors. Personally, I strongly dislike the red just because I think it doesn't go great with the blue - I would have preferred them unpainted or even painted white haha.
My calipers are not painted and look like ****. They're so much more noticeable with the new wheels. I plan on getting white stripes sometime in the future. I was thinking of having a thin red line added to the outside of the white stripes just to tie it all in with the red caliper covers and the red mouth on the Velossa Tech ram air snorkel. I can get the caliper covers powder coated in Kona Blue but it's over $400 and there's no way in hell I'm paying that. I have a feeling that white calipers would become gray really fast.

This is an example of the stripes I want. This is on a Performance Blue though:
20190420_090442.jpg

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into anything shifter wise yet. The replacement knob I bought is a bit heavier than the stock one and the adapter made it a bit taller but I don't mind the height. The CP-E RMM really made the most difference in providing solid shifts.

Okp seems like a good company in there really super cheap for shifter cable bushings and such. And I cannot attest to a shift plate as I install the shift arm it's also super easy one pin to knock out call the headlight so you can put a long crunch in there and drive the pin out your golden. I have the torque solutions shift I'ts about 70 bucks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
JST is a great company, and so is Stratified in regards to tunes for our ST's. I have a 93 Octane Stratified tune, and DD my ST about 35-40 miles per day right now. Everything CP-E makes (to my knowledge), is an exceptional product, thus a higher price point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
JST is a great company, and so is Stratified in regards to tunes for our ST's. I have a 93 Octane Stratified tune, and DD my ST about 35-40 miles per day right now. Everything CP-E makes (to my knowledge), is an exceptional product, thus a higher price point.
Stratified is also on my short list for a tune. I know there are many tuner options out there and they've all got their happy customers. JST & Stratified seem to be at the top. Freaktune rounds out the top 3 for me. I always put 92 or 93 in my ST. I drive 60 miles a day round trip for work.

I wasn't complaining about the price for the CP-E exhaust. All the CP-E products I have are exceptional and I expect no less.

It does look sweet too. https://www.cjponyparts.com/cp-e-cat-back-exhaust-system-3-stainless-steel-focus-st-2013-2018/p/FFSSTDCBEM/

·
Registered
193 Posts
Stratified is also on my short list for a tune. I know there are many tuner options out there and they've all got their happy customers. JST & Stratified seem to be at the top. Freaktune rounds out the top 3 for me. I always put 92 or 93 in my ST. I drive 60 miles a day round trip for work.

I wasn't complaining about the price for the CP-E exhaust. All the CP-E products I have are exceptional and I expect no less.

It does look sweet too. https://www.cjponyparts.com/cp-e-cat-back-exhaust-system-3-stainless-steel-focus-st-2013-2018/p/FFSSTDCBEM/
I didn't mean it like you were complaining, sorry it came off that way. If I could afford CP-E for most parts I would, I ended up going with the Magnaflow CBE. You will be fine with either of the above mentioned tuners

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
929 Posts

Definitely white on the calipers for white on blue look. That'd look nice and clean. I have the newer 18 ST and they stopped doing the Kona Blue because of a shortage of some kind that had to do with the paint so I have the metallic blue and it almost is like a greyish blue, anyways it has red calipers and I dunno I guess they are alright, not something I would have done by choice if I could have chosen my color.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Definitely white on the calipers for white on blue look. That'd look nice and clean. I have the newer 18 ST and they stopped doing the Kona Blue because of a shortage of some kind that had to do with the paint so I have the metallic blue and it almost is like a greyish blue, anyways it has red calipers and I dunno I guess they are alright, not something I would have done by choice if I could have chosen my color.
I hear ya, I didn't know about them stopping the kona blue color, it's so nice when it's clean. But to add to the caliper note, I also tinted my fog lights yellow so between the blue car, yellow film, and red calipers looking at it from the side, ehhhhh it could look better but that's my own doing with the tint #yolo #sorryforsayingyolo

·
Super Moderator
8,073 Posts
oh is it bcuz my tag name says FSTnoob? and you think it aint my car? i dont want to get someone compliments but its clearly said on this tread My Kona Blue Build? so idk if you're a dumb? or really a dumb? I didn't know some of the seniors here act like a jerk LoL! Oh by the way about the animation? atleast i know how to make it? not like you man? a damn fckn senior who act like a jerk? Are you jealous to my ST or what?
Easy there friend...typically when someone makes a build thread in the build thread section it is their "own" little thread where they can call the shots and if people take things off topic and clutter up their thread they can have it cleaned by moderators and what not. When you posted your picture of your car I'm not sure if you were aware of that, which is fine, but that's probably why you got the response that you got. However this latest reply from you is a little over the top.

Yes, you got some sass from the others that they could have kept to themselves, but you're the only one who was calling people names and throwing f-bombs. This is typically a supportive friendly community, or at least we try to be...but when someone gives you some attitude you can't snap. Best to let it go.

Hows about we get back on track? That goes for everybody :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
you said that friendly supportive community? does that friendly supportive to you? if he have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all? seniors shouldnt act like that? I'm just new to this forum and I'm not trying to get compliments or something. Next time don't pressume too much SToked13?
Well, I'm deleting like everything, and if someone has the balls to continue this BS, just try me.

So, I want no more comments from anyone, in a negative fashion. Or anything else I deem inappropriate.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
you said that friendly supportive community? does that friendly supportive to you? if he have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all? seniors shouldnt act like that? I'm just new to this forum and I'm not trying to get compliments or something. Next time don't pressume too much SToked13?
Well, I'm deleting like everything, and if someone has the balls to continue this BS, just try me.

So, I want no more comments from anyone, in a negative fashion. Or anything else I deem inappropriate.

I knew that was coming LOL

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Looks like Poseidon has unleashed the Kracken!

·
Registered
193 Posts
"oh is it bcuz my tag name says FSTnoob? and you think it aint my car? i dont want to get someone compliments but its clearly said on this tread My Kona Blue Build? so idk if you're a dumb? or really a dumb? I didn't know some of the seniors here act like a jerk LoL! Oh by the way about the animation? atleast i know how to make it? not like you man? a damn fckn senior who act like a jerk? Are you jealous to my ST or what?"

I did my best to refrain from responding, but how can I not with the amount of grammatical & punctuation errors, while proceeding to literally say "so idk you're a dumb? Or really a dumb"

No friend- I believe you may need to attend Elementary School again to brush up on some things.

Back to the thread/build- I like it 😄

21 - 40 of 106 Posts