Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I noticed while doing a 4th gear pull that I get a vibration in the pedals and wheel during acceleration when I'm around 90-100mph. When I back off I don't notice it. Strictly acceleration based. I noticed it with 5th gear as well when accelerating hard around the 90-100 mark as wel. Any ideas? I do have a CFM mount with 7 pins installed so maybe it is the speed coupled with the stiff mount that transmits these vibrations to this cabin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mount - you answered your own question me thinks

Otherwise, check wheel alignment / balancing

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It has approximately 15k on the mount. It Is installed and torqued correctly. Just had it out about 7k miles ago to add more pins.

One more thing to add is the vehicle has done this for a while but I think I tried to chalk it up to rough roads. Only reason I wrote this thread is because I tried it on a couple roads and found the same vibration so it can't just be the road.

Edit: wheels were roadforce balanced recently. All good.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I noticed this on my '14 as well. Stock mounts here. Previously drove a '13 that was totaled by a texting driver. The '13 didn't do it. I think it may have something to do with the new motor mounts in the '14's. Tried balancing the stock wheels. Was told all four of them were bent, and saw it with my own eyes. Bought new wheels and tires, vibrations still persisted. I'm very confident that it is not related to wheels and tires. Sometimes it happens even in third gear, and some days are worse than others. Sometimes it's not there at all... Very frustrating...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed this on my '14 as well. Stock mounts here. Previously drove a '13 that was totaled by a texting driver. The '13 didn't do it. I think it may have something to do with the new motor mounts in the '14's. Tried balancing the stock wheels. Was told all four of them were bent, and saw it with my own eyes. Bought new wheels and tires, vibrations still persisted. I'm very confident that it is not related to wheels and tires. Sometimes it happens even in third gear, and some days are worse than others. Sometimes it's not there at all... Very frustrating...
Yeah I believe I felt it before even with ALL TSB mounts a while ago but it was very slight. Mine has the TSB mounts plus the CFM mount now so it probably just amplifies it. I do not go 90+mph much at all so I am just going to let it be. I will also add that I am very sensitive to noises and vibrations. I had a very very slight shimmy and one tire ended up being a little out of balance by .25oz. The tech at the dealer I worked at said I must be really in tune with my car. I think it is me being neurotic....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts