Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
just a quick note to say that so far I'm very impressed by the Milltek cat back on my 2018 ST. I bought it a while ago and just got it back from coating at Swaintech.
the version I got is with a single resonator. So in a nut shell.
PRO's
Zero Drone!
At least 3 inch from from end to end
Great Fitment
Stock level sound at Idle through cruising at 80 Mph
Deep exhaust note at >50% throttle yet not obnoxiously loud
All REAL 304L stainless steel even the clamps/hardware
Even coated the system is 13 lbs lighter than stock

CON's
Wasn't cheap
Took a while to receive (COVID?)
The muffler is a three section design and somewhat looks like a patch work of stainless sheet because the butt welds don't line up from section to section. But this is being very picky IMO.

Basically I have the the Cobb kit on my car minus the catback because their exhausts that I have used in the past have been loud/drone on the freeway and I was worried that the single resonator option might have some of those issues. I'm going for a sleeper and trying to avoid the hack-sawed springs fart-pipe civic machismo... Not the case here, I'm very pleased a little sound when you want it none when you don't. For any one with the same criteria this exhaust is for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I fully agree, I have the same exhaust (non resonated version), so pretty much full 3" all the way to the rear axle where there is one big resonator. I also have the Milltek downpipe fitted (catted version), love the combination. Silent if you want it, loud as soon as you start building boost, no need for valvetronic :)

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,466 Posts
This good to know - as far as I have read, the only other option that delivers this sort of “subtle” sound is the Ford Performance exhaust, which is basically the Bosal unit with an extra resonator.
I’m still on the fence and have kept my 2013 with stock exhaust and downpipe since brand new, so food for thought as they say…..

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
785 Posts
I'm thinking maybe just keep stock and put an electric cutout somewhere?

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
125 Posts
I'd love to hear some sound clips!

I was considering this exhaust myself but it's hard to find in the US and very expensive.

I ended up with a Thermal and added a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator. It's also very quiet and drone-free.

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts