·
Registered
371 Posts
Truly one of those "because race car" moments :haha:

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Truly one of those "because race car" moments :haha:
It is a race car, he tracks it and it is becoming a dedicated track car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am really liking that oil cooler! Car is looking so good!!

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am really liking that oil cooler! Car is looking so good!!
It's a heat sink style. We wanted to disrupt air from to the radiator as little as possible. A traditional style is going to be installed later and located where the washer fluid reservoir once resided. Air will be guided to it as well

·
Registered
740 Posts
I really want something like that! but didnt some people claim it actually disrupted the air flow? like creating some kind of back pressure?

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Regardless of what you setup is as your car moves forward at speed you're increasing pressure in the engine bay. What you're trying to have the most efficient cooling setup is get that air to flow through the radiator instead of around it with least amount of obstruction as possible. Air wants to flow from high to flow pressure. The vertical surface on the front on the car is going to be high pressure and cause pressure to build up in the engine bay. Installing vents behind the radiator on a more horizontal surface allows that high pressure air to escape lowering the pressure in the engine bay. To maximize your cooling you need to get air to and through that radiator, then you need a place for that hot air to exit. Byproduct, you reduced lift and created down force.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts