Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay picking up my 16 ST tomorrow.
I have a friend with a 14' veloster turbo with exhaust intake FMIC and a tune, don't know his exact numbers but any idea if I'll be able to beat him in stock form?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm definitely miles ahead of him in driving, he can't launch well and often misses gears lol
If this is an accurate statement you should walk him. Those little things are nimble, but can't push the power out at all unless you do a turbo upgrade.

But...if the do the turbo upgrade the little guys will mooove.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They can make decent power provided they're fully bolted and tuned.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also keeping in mind it's a 1.6. The Fiesta can't come close to 240ish whp on the stock turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, still very new to the ST and everything about it!
Everytime I see a veloster it's either A: An older lady

Or B: Some punk who has it extremely riced out, OR has it actually modded but stickered all over and thinks he can't be beat.

So I walk every one I see including the older ladies. Lmao

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've been eyeing that TURBO emblem on the back of the Veloster, but I just can't seem to pull trigger and get one because I can't stop thinking that I'm putting a Hyundai part on my ST. :disappointed:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Everytime I see a veloster it's either A: An older lady

Or B: Some punk who has it extremely riced out, OR has it actually modded but stickered all over and thinks he can't be beat.

So I walk every one I see including the older ladies. Lmao
There's one by me that has a matte chameleon dip on his VT. I know he's got a BOV and exhaust, not sure what else... But d*mn do I want to race him!! He's def opt. B

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I researched the base puts down about 132 and the turbod version puts about 200. Even though he has a few mods I'm sure you can outrun him

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So safe to say our ST's walk these velosters with ease :)
From what I researched the base puts down about 132 and the turbod version puts about 200. Even though he has a few mods I'm sure you can outrun him
Yeah, out engine outpowers and performs them, and our car is simply much more refined. The suspension and stability of our vehicles are hardly matched by vehicles above our class, let alone those VTs. Don't tell them that though, they get mighty offended. (Even the older ladies?)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah, out engine outpowers and performs them, and our car is simply much more refined. The suspension and stability of our vehicles are hardly matched by vehicles above our class, let alone those VTs. Don't tell them that though, they get mighty offended. (Even the older ladies?)
No salt or anything but I came from a Veloster. It makes sense that ours outpowers them since we have a bigger engine in general too. Velosters corner actually extremely well with some good tires and a rear sway bar. They weigh under 3000 ibs which helps as well..

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
No salt or anything but I came from a Veloster. It makes sense that ours outpowers them since we have a bigger engine in general too. Velosters corner actually extremely well with some good tires and a rear sway bar. They weigh under 3000 ibs which helps as well..
Oh by all means, they are sporty vehicles. Our vehicles are just much better designed. My reason for that post was to align with what the previous two said. They aren't anything to shake at if they have fully upgraded engines/suspension/turbos definitely. My main point is just that most of the ones in my area have a soup can exhaust, tint, and some even a BOV while being stickered like crazy and they are the most arrogant of the drivers in my area I've come across, all the while their cars are pretty slow.

Edit: Don't worry no salt received or meant to be served. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh by all means, they are sporty vehicles. Our vehicles are just much better designed. My reason for that post was to align with what the previous two said. They aren't anything to shake at if they have fully upgraded engines/suspension/turbos definitely. My main point is just that most of the ones in my area have a soup can exhaust, tint, and some even a BOV while being stickered like crazy and they are the most arrogant of the drivers in my area I've come across, all the while their cars are pretty slow.

Edit: Don't worry no salt received or meant to be served. :)
I completely agree, most are just riced out like crazy! A coworker of mine has one with full bolt on's and hauls some serious ass.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts