Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I wanted to kick off this new generation of product by offering you all a killer deal. The new Gen 3 BIG MOUTH is smoother, stronger, comes in 28 different colors and is sure to turn heads!!!

If we can get the following number of participants, I think we can move forward with a group buy.

This is a "gauging interest thread".
Retail: $169.00

10 participants: 12% off - $148.72
20 participants: 15% off - $143.65
30 participants: 20% off - $135.20
40 participants: 25% off!!!! - $126.75

We never usually go as high as 25% off :) By the way!

Now is the time!!! This is a FORUM only deal by the way, we are not sharing this on facebook or instagram!!

Below are some examples of what our Generation 3 BIG MOUTH look like. I hope you like it!!

Thanks to Rob Kaisher, Brian Tyson, Julian Maldonado and Trevor S for the pictures of their cars!!

For those who are interested in performance of the product and did not follow development here on Focusst.org, below are data logs taken on the same day on the same car with and without the Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH.

Lastly, here is the VT official color palette!! Have fun everybody!! :)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
what is the base price for V3?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Hey everyone!

I wanted to kick off this new generation of product by offering you all a killer deal. The new Gen 3 BIG MOUTH is smoother, stronger, comes in 28 different colors and is sure to turn heads!!!
Also, your color palette is coming up as a Error400 web page when I click on your link (just an FYI)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I can't see images or color palette for some reason. Just blank spacing.

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
I'm in for a freshie, my gen 1 has eaten a few rocks, and a clumsy mechanic may have damaged it as well, lol.

Black with red bell, naturally

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
id consider black with yellow bell.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I think the price depends on the amount of peeps participating.

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
Seems like Deuce erased my asking you if you had a dyno chart for this part. Imagine that. its a valid thing to ask...I serious like the look of this, but am interested if its actually functional and helps make more power? Is a retune needed also?
Umm, actually you never made a post. Nothing was deleted that I can see in this thread.

So, you should probably not accuse a mod of doing such.

Dan just has the temp graph, which you can use to relate to a performance gain. Obviously not concrete as a dyno, but it does prove that it's more effective at delivering cold air than the OEM set-up. Which we perceive as beneficial.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Umm, actually you never made a post. Nothing was deleted that I can see in this thread.

So, you should probably not accuse a mod of doing such.

Dan just has the temp graph, which you can use to relate to a performance gain. Obviously not concrete as a dyno, but it does prove that it's more effective at delivering cold air than the OEM set-up. Which we perceive as beneficial.
He posted it here....

http://www.focusst.org/forum/veloss...-mouth-generation-3-pictures.html#post2108081

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@MainlyMustangs the graph is on the first post, scroll down near the bottom. It is airflow in lbm/min. As an approximation, every 0.1 lbm/min of airflow is about 1 hp. We did the pulls above 55 mph since that is when the big mouth starts to show any air mass gain, below that speed the benefit is just a cold air feed. A dyno is not going to show any gain since the car is stationary in a hot room. Hope this helps.

By the way, do you own a mustang?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Count me in for a Black one with Red opening. I was on the fence about getting one as a purely aesthetic item, but since they do definitely provide proven benefits, I'm all for one.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Oh yes! Count me in. Glad I saw this!

Not sure if this is an option, but first choice would be glow-in-the-dark body + red flare.

Second choice would be black body + red flare.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in for black with yellow flare

1 - 20 of 162 Posts