·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Work on my computer as well...

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although these next few pictures are not FoST BIG MOUTH's, they are an example of what our Gen 3 technology can produce. These parts are all 3D printed on VTM 3D printers (our own brand of printers) and they go through a treatment process to give them strength and a glossy shine. We are applying this process to all parts!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Is there a % of overall size difference?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
hmmm...a new product that connects underneath the air box to the factory intake scoop/duct location would be great. Might as well to an entire air box and inlet scoops redesign!

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone do a before and after dyno on this part? I'm curious if they actually work to product more power. I love the look, would love to put one on my car for that reason alone, but at $170 I'd also insist it actually helps make more power first.

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone do a before and after dyno on this part? I'm curious if they actually work to product more power. I love the look, would love to put one on my car for that reason alone, but at $170 I'd also insist it actually helps make more power first.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Yeah we just need to get the word out, I'm going to get one regardless of what the group buy hits. the new Gen 3's are nice.

Reactions: VelossaTech

·
Administrator
11,874 Posts
I just posted this group buy in a group for Ohio ST owners to see if we can get you some more exposure @VelossaTech
http://www.focusst.org/forum/vendor...ch-gen-3-big-mouth-group-buy.html#post2107945

This is the picture thread, not the group by thread btw.

Velossa tech states that this group by is for forum members only, and is not for facebook, or instagram.

So what you did, wasn't his intention, as typed in his thread. I don't think it's a huge deal, just something you overlooked in his thread.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Just got into the group buy. I went with black and red mouth for my mostly stock tuxedo black.

Looking forward to it. In my opinion it is going to add a subtle "yup its turbo charged" in an indirect sort of way. Anyone notice the turbo is not advertised anywhere on the FOST? I find that very interesting, not even a simple ecoboost logo at least not on my model anyways.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
The only thing preventing from getting a snorkel is the fear of hydro locking my engine; it's rain city over here.
You make a decent point, I would definitely appreciate some expert feedback about this.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
You make a decent point, I would definitely appreciate some expert feedback about this.
You are not going to hydrolock from rain...just dont drive into a lake or standing water of unknown depth. In my old focus, my CAI sat inches from the ground, ran years in every kind of precipitation without issue.

The snorkel is not going to scoop a full load of water (from rain) up into the filter to the point where it gulps water killing your engine. If it makes you feel any better, you would probably kill your turbo before hydrolocking your engine ;)

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only thing preventing from getting a snorkel is the fear of hydro locking my engine; it's rain city over here.
Water does not pass through the filter element. There just isnt enough water in rain, even in torrential rain, to cause any issues. I live in south florida and have been driving with my original prototype big mouth for nearly 2 years through rain storms and hurricane Irma :)

No reported problems with rain from thousands of customers.

The only way to hydrolock your engine with this intake is if you drove through a puddle 3 feet deep at 60 mph.

You'll be ok!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts