Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As seen in this thread, Patent Pending Generation 4 BIG MOUTH now allows you to change your flare color and shape! Flares are now removable and shapes can be had in any color. Get the custom look you really want, aggressive, subtle, or straight bonkers (Asymmetric Hexagonal anyone?).

>>GENERATION 4 IS HERE<<

Black friday special on these puppies, don't forget, PRICE FOR BIG MOUTHs never changed. We love you guys!!

·
Administrator
9,673 Posts
**** son. Looks like im buying another snorkle. I will have owned every generation, lmao

Also i wonder if the edge ST snorkle fits the Edge Sport...

·
Vendor
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**** son. Looks like im buying another snorkle. I will have owned every generation, lmao

Also i wonder if the edge ST snorkle fits the Edge Sport...
And holy sh-- yes you would have owned every single generation of big mouth from 1 to 4... wow... i wonder if you could take a picture of them side by side to see the evolution, we've come a long way!

I dont know if the edge ST big mouth fits the sport, i looked at a few pictures and its hard to tell unless someone removes the cowl cover and takes more pics.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Well i have gen 2 or 3 that i bought for my 18 ST not a month or so after i got it. Its held up great, doesnt have any cracking, its faded some and that may be the color itself doesnt do well in sun, and plastic degrades too. But besides that it helds its looks for at least 2 years, its not even so much that its not blue anymore it just isnt the dark blue glossy luster anymore, now it looks like a milky blue...lol. Age, what are you gonna do? But I really like the assymetrical hexagonal, that looks awesome...just gotts decide on another color, not sure if I wanna do blue again or something else....hmmm

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Why is it when I click one of your links in ypur post it takes me to photobucket?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Sweet! Looks like I'll just buy one of these new ones instead of a gen 3 to replace mine.
I'm thinking trapezoidal would look spicy with the shape of the ST's grill.
Thanks for the continued improvements and support of this platform!
@VelossaTech

Edit: would we be able to buy the flare separately so we could try 2 different shapes to decide which we like better?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like that new shape. My wife would slap me silly if I bought one just because it is newer and different and cool!

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. (Note: She handles the finances or I would have lots of toys plus lots of debt.)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Have to ask, are they worth it for performance benefits or is this more cosmetic? I've read around a bit, but seems everyone's configuration is the factor.
I've definitely noticed cooler intake temps with my snorkel. It's pulling air directly from the front instead of having to work its way around and through the warm radiator. There's also something to be said for having the air forced into the intake at highway speeds but im no expert on this.

Stock air box^^

·
Vendor
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have to ask, are they worth it for performance benefits or is this more cosmetic? I've read around a bit, but seems everyone's configuration is the factor.
Glad you asked, for our specific snorkel. Yes there is a performance benefit with respect to vehicle speed. At higher speeds, youll see more airflow as the air pressure is proportional to the velocity squared. It's a ram air device so we dont dyno test, we do airflow logs and pull data. See 3rd and 4th gear plots below.

We also see a reduction in WGDC because the turbo doesnt need to spin as fast to attain target boost or load.

·
Vendor
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet! Looks like I'll just buy one of these new ones instead of a gen 3 to replace mine.
I'm thinking trapezoidal would look spicy with the shape of the ST's grill.
Thanks for the continued improvements and support of this platform!
@VelossaTech

Edit: would we be able to buy the flare separately so we could try 2 different shapes to decide which we like better?
Yes you can buy flares separately. Right here.

·
Vendor
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp. Went ahead and bought one since I don’t have one yet on the car.
What kind of flare did you get? Please send pics because we need to add to our collection, and with all the new shapes, things are gonna get interesting!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Maybe i can finally order one to get shipped to the Netherlands?

Edit; no, still can not order

·
Registered
176 Posts
What kind of flare did you get? Please send pics because we need to add to our collection, and with all the new shapes, things are gonna get interesting!!
Asymmetric Hexagon in black. Will send pictures when I receive it. Just going with a all black theme on the car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
sweet this was on the list now is the right time :)

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
6 Posts
So I posted a WTB Gen 3 and so far only got what appears to be scammer PMs...

Not to take away from this thread, but to hopefully help anyone on the fence getting the new really cool-looking Gen 4,... OR just to keep an old unit from gathering dust in your garage...
Let me know, please
TIA :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts