Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Just recieved mine with black body/ gold flange. I'll probably install it sometime tommorow.
Thanks for the Group Buy!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I have a Black | Black. You can barely see it even when within a few feet and intentionally looking for it.

I was genuinely surprised at how well it conceals itself behind the grill.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Black | Black. You can barely see it even when within a few feet and intentionally looking for it.

I was genuinely surprised at how well it conceals itself behind the grill.
? I'm looking to remain stealthy so that our men in blue can 'focus' on more important things than my driving. Like helping people. Or snagging that motorcycle nearby that was clocked at 168 mph...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here's a how-to link for folks with 2015+ ST's:

We're having multiple rounds of winter this week in Denver, so along with my work overload, I'm not sure when I'll get the big mouth installed. I'll be interested to find out how the installation goes for this round of buyers.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
What I don’t often see highlighted enough is the extent of a PITA it is to get that rubber connector back in place between the snorkel and the two airbox inlets. I pulled the airbox lid to remove the larger of the two inlets (the one more outside/in front) and then flexed stuff while swearing to get that piece back in place in between the rubber and the box. The rubber will not fit completely over the tops of those airbox inlets so don’t try too hard, that’s what that top flap is for.

Reactions: Allen_ms

·
Registered
40 Posts
What I don’t often see highlighted enough is the extent of a PITA it is to get that rubber connector back in place between the snorkel and the two airbox inlets. I pulled the airbox lid to remove the larger of the two inlets (the one more outside/in front) and then flexed stuff while swearing to get that piece back in place in between the rubber and the box. The rubber will not fit completely over the tops of those airbox inlets so don’t try too hard, that’s what that top flap is for.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll spend extra time studying the photos in the how-to and shoot some pre-disassembly pics to know what it should look like when putting things back together. Then maybe add content to the how-to thread depending on how it goes.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Well I actually forgot to take a picture of the snorkel before it went in the car (facepalm) but here are some pics during installation and final product.
20200414_192308.jpg
20200414_192255.jpg

If you guys keep the shroud I'd suggest cutting some relief slits in the back of the rectangle the instructions show. It allows the shroud to bend a little bit instead of pushing the snorkel up too far
20200422_073735.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I actually forgot to take a picture of the snorkel before it went in the car (facepalm) but here are some pics during installation and final product.
If you guys keep the shroud I'd suggest cutting some relief slits in the back of the rectangle the instructions show. It allows the shroud to bend a little bit instead of pushing the snorkel up too far
Looks sharp! Thanks for the pic of the shroud opening and slit suggestion. I was planning on placing strategic slits so that the opening would have minimal gap around the snorkel perimeter to maintain the maximum air flow through the radiator, which I assume the shroud is meant to provide. It looks like you pretty well nailed the shroud opening location and size. 👍

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a feeling I am way to late for this?
I don't know if the group buy has been closed. I suggest shooting a request message to Dan at VelossaTech using the username link in their posts above or from the VelossaTech website. They've been busy making medical PPE so may not be checking back here very often at this point.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know if the group buy has been closed. I suggest shooting a request message to Dan at VelossaTech using the username link in their posts above or from the VelossaTech website. They've been busy making medical PPE so may not be checking back here very often at this point.
Good idea. I'll give it a try.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts