Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Assuming I won't see much benefit from a snorkel if I'm running a roush intake with no box top correct?

The roush intake technically does "seal" itself off using tubing on the top half of the box against the hood, would this work decently or the only real way I'll get benefit from it is using the stock box?

Discussion starter · #127 ·
The roush intake technically does "seal" itself off using tubing on the top half of the box against the hood, would this work decently or the only real way I'll get benefit from it is using the stock box?
I think if it seals against the hood you will still be ok. Although by looking at the picture of the roush intake, it seems that the duct tube that goes from the snorkel to the intake is not present, can you verify this?

I think if it seals against the hood you will still be ok. Although by looking at the picture of the roush intake, it seems that the duct tube that goes from the snorkel to the intake is not present, can you verify this?
I'll take a look at it tonight when I get off work unless someone else with the roush intake comes along with a definite answer first

From what I've seen it shields against the Heat coming off the engine which is the most important part so it should work, please correct me if I'm wrong though velossatech

Looks like the roush is allowing some air to come from behind the headlight as the lower pressure point to me. I wouldn't snorkel due to not being sealed fully where it has to pull from somewhere else.

Looks like the roush is allowing some air to come from behind the headlight as the lower pressure point to me. I wouldn't snorkel due to not being sealed fully where it has to pull from somewhere else.
Luckily, the stock airbox will work with the Roush kit, so I am going to just do that, cap the green filter and not worry about it lol.

I love my snorkel, but I wonder if the factory air box has drain holes? I couldn't see any when I installed my filter. I'm concerned about heavy/thick snow packing up the intake and then just filling up the air box.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.