Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a Velocitec Rear Diffuser for my 17' ST1, My car is Kona blue, cant decide if I want black, or try to color match it, sadly they do not offer them in my color, do any of the other blues they offer come close to Kona Blue?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Are you talking about the Velossa Tech diffuser fins?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Laughing out loud at that spelling.

Just get black :D it will go with the rest of the black on the car.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Laughing out loud at that spelling.

Just get black :D it will go with the rest of the black on the car.
I actually looked it up in case it was some brand I haven't heard of before with a cool rear diffuser. Come to find out it's not even a diffuser at all... lol

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I local guy was selling this diffuser with 6 fins,
and a different companies front splitter and side skirts, aeroflow dynamics all for $400.....
I almost bought it all, it was a hell of a deal, but I didn't want mismatched splitter/skits and diffuser.

Would it be considered ricey to have all this aero stuff and not track my car?

Sorry to the OP for jacking his thread also.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
and a different companies front splitter and side skirts, aeroflow dynamics all for $400.....
I almost bought it all, it was a hell of a deal, but I didn't want mismatched splitter/skits and diffuser.

The problem is more is for looks. Alot of what's on the market isn't truly functional. This includes what I have on my car.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
That diffuser actually looks pretty sick and it's only 264 bucks for the 6 fin setup with black powder coating.

Pretty sweet price

·
Registered
2,883 Posts

Depends on who you ask! I think it would be very ricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Depends on who you ask! I think it would be very ricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's ENTIRELY different with each person you might ask. I personally think it looks awesome. You go to car meets and see some people's body kits and stuff and think "rice" or "junk" then see a SEMA show car that has Aero work like this done to it and think "that looks awesome!" When it really isn't any different of a concept of the other car you called "rice."

You think it looks awesome? Go for it. Personally stuff like this is subtle enough I don't see it as bad.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
If you wanna play with the big boys u gotta go 10 fins or just stay the hell home!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
It's not too over the top obnoxious, it's a fine line to be sure. It's semi functional and looks great. Now putting it on a base focus would be rice, but our cars are fast :D and if you track your car, then its definitely ok IMHO. Not that the diffusers and splitters are all that functional when they are just bolted on like this. Diffuser physics require correct angles and what not to work properly.

That subi, t's done right, not hodge podged, looks clean etc. looks fast as heck!

Reactions: BCE22

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
My only problem with this diffuser is that I don't like how it looks going under the exhaust tips. Looks a little cheese with the big gaps to either side of the tips and the bolts used to connect the pieces together.

Reactions: jesse_sanders
1 - 18 of 18 Posts