Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what could have caused this.

I recently got some more data logs for the hell of it. I used the same road I always use, same temp outside, same mods. On these logs I'm showing about 20 less hp and 20 less torque than last year. I made sure the weight was the same in vdyno. Still hitting full boost (23-24psi).

Only thing I changed was I now use an aem dryflow filter instead of the stock paper filter. Wondering if I should do a compression test? Engine feels healthy and nothing seems off besides the vdyno numbers.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts

I recently got some more data logs for the hell of it. I used the same road I always use, same temp outside, same mods. On these logs I'm showing about 20 less hp and 20 less torque than last year. I made sure the weight was the same in vdyno. Still hitting full boost (23-24psi).

Only thing I changed was I now use an aem dryflow filter instead of the stock paper filter. Wondering if I should do a compression test? Engine feels healthy and nothing seems off besides the vdyno numbers.
The engine is bound to lose power over time, but 20% per year seems excessive. A compression test could not hurt.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

Look at your spark plugs, the ST is not very plug friendly it seems.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts

Same fuel, last time spark plugs were changed and GAPPED properly (<- highly neglected super important one), anything tune wise changed at all?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Look at your spark plugs, the ST is not very plug friendly it seems.
I'm running itv22 plugs, but my tuner says he prefers stock plugs. I'm just worried about going back to stock plugs when running that much boost.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think something changed with the latest version of vdyno. With the old version my car showed more power when my car was stage 1, than it does now at stage 3 with the newest version.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually just changed the plugs about 5k miles ago and gapped them correctly. The itv22 plugs that I pulled out looked great too.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think something changed with the latest version of vdyno. With the old version my car showed more power when my car was stage 1, than it does now at stage 3 with the newest version.
You know what, I was thinking this too. But didn't want to blame it on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts