Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow internet experts, I'm looking to add either a valved exhaust cutout or valved muffler. I've done a little research on the cutout and feel "knowledgeable" there, but am wondering if anyone has used a valved muffler before on our cars? I see them from QTP and Summit racing, just like the e-cutouts, but I like the fact that the muffler is all the way in the rear and I can have the exhaust flow all the way to the back instead of wherever the cutout is. I know Ford makes them for some of the mustangs but I doubt they thought of us little 2.0 grocery-getters.

If anyone has used them, thoughts on them? Or a different brand perhaps? Also wondering what options I'd need to look into in terms of muffler size/fitment and how the stock sound would differ from one of the mufflers with the valve closed.

Here's a link to one from Summit Racing: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/xfo-vmk51-250?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06sMDg6btS9VR3LskMJzzmIrqf6732K3DpBDfVO8XcBG9Dz0jcB0O3YaArsGEALw_wcB

Thanks y'all

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sub’d. Was thinking of doing a boost actuated exhaust dump & would like some more info on a setup like this or something similar

Sent from The Mystery Machine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Kickaxx
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing