Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another OCC related project we're working on for the FoST, is an additional OCC for the valve cover to intake pipe ports. The OCC will be using one of our VTA kits, used on our Mazdaspeed OCCs, to vent any excess pressure in the crankcase. The VTA portion of the OCC contains a small check valve concealed by the filter atop the OCC. This is to only allow excess pressure to escape, and not allow any un-metered air in.

Here's a couple pictures of the set-up, more info is to come!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Can't wait! Already have your other catch can!

Man, I'm gonna drive up to you from Texas just to clean you engine bay, c'mon man! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SyncTheory13

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't wait! Already have your other catch can!

Man, I'm gonna drive up to you from Texas just to clean you engine bay, c'mon man! :p

Haha, yeah welcome to Chicago winters and SALT! It's no fun, but I'm sure we'll be cleaning my tester's car one his go-fast bits arrive. My DD/project car is horrendous ATM, but it'll be much cleaner when the engine swap begins.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Haha, yeah welcome to Chicago winters and SALT! It's no fun, but I'm sure we'll be cleaning my tester's car one his go-fast bits arrive. My DD/project car is horrendous ATM, but it'll be much cleaner when the engine swap begins.
Ahh no wonder lol.

Got anything else planned for the st?

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh no wonder lol.

Got anything else planned for the st?

We released our sound symposer delete just a couple hours ago. A throttle body spacer, with lots of ports for methanol injection, like the one we make for the Mazdaspeed platform Mazdaspeed 3/6 Throttle Body Spacer | Damond Motorsports motor mounts will be coming, and a few more things in the works.

I actually have a product I'll be putting on my Mazda5 in a couple weeks, for winter testing, that will be making it's way to the FoST platform.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
We released our sound symposer delete just a couple hours ago. A throttle body spacer, with lots of ports for methanol injection, like the one we make for the Mazdaspeed platform Mazdaspeed 3/6 Throttle Body Spacer | Damond Motorsports motor mounts will be coming, and a few more things in the works.

I actually have a product I'll be putting on my Mazda5 in a couple weeks, for winter testing, that will be making it's way to the FoST platform.
What?! When did the spacer come out? I wish I would of known I would of ordered yours for my meth kit lol.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
It hasn't yet. Just our Mazda one ATM. Should just be a couple weeks though.
Hmmm I may just switch.
It's basically almost the same as a Mazda kit correct.

I'll be on the lookout.

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool to see you guys are somewhat local :)

I have this exact setup but I'm looking to replace the cover breather can. I don't see why this wouldn't work right?

View attachment 84851

I do not have an intake port so the one side will go into the pcv plate.
I can definitely help with a set-up like this. The VTA valve in the OCCs we offer will have to be swapped out for no valve, and just straight VTA.

You'll need a check valve where it's shown in the PERM diagram for that vented OCC.

The reason you cannot use the VTA valve, and have to use a check valve in the line somewhere, is that you'll need a fresh source of air to flow through the PCV system under vacuum. Hence why it's generally plumbed back to the intake. This would allow for un-metered air to enter the system, under engine vacuum, but your tuner should be able to adjust for that. The FoST being map based, I don't think it would effect it much.

Anywho, feel free to shoot me a PM if you need anything. If you're local, I can even help offer help with the install.

·
Banned
2,539 Posts
I can definitely help with a set-up like this. The VTA valve in the OCCs we offer will have to be swapped out for no valve, and just straight VTA.

You'll need a check valve where it's shown in the PERM diagram for that vented OCC.

The reason you cannot use the VTA valve, and have to use a check valve in the line somewhere, is that you'll need a fresh source of air to flow through the PCV system under vacuum. Hence why it's generally plumbed back to the intake. This would allow for un-metered air to enter the system, under engine vacuum, but your tuner should be able to adjust for that. The FoST being map based, I don't think it would effect it much.

Anywho, feel free to shoot me a PM if you need anything. If you're local, I can even help offer help with the install.
Very interested. Do you have an eta?

Also where is it going to be mounted? Just curious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts