Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.
At the beginning I would like to apologize for my language. Unfortunately he writes from a distant country. Please forgive the language errors.
I am a happy owner of AP v3 from COBB and ford focus st 2016 (ecu r134a)
I noticed that on the engine software version 501 the cut off of the fuel supply is very rare.
On the factory software, the fuel consumption is always down to 0.0 when the foot is removed from the power lever and the AFR rises to about 43.
The cobb 501 software only happens sometimes. Very rarely. Most AFR is maintained around 14 and burning at 2.0-3.0 liters / kilometer.
Is it a bug?
-----
I have another question a lot easier as I think.
Currently I'm preparing for a long trip, I'm going to do about 3000km (1800miles) but I noticed that there is a beta update to my AP.
Now I have version 1.7.3.0-14467 I can upload beta 1.7.3.0-14478.
Will it be more sensible to go on a long expedition on 14467 or at beta?
-----
Thank you very much for the time dedicated to me.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Hello,

Letting off the throttle will result in high AFRs. This is normal and will be the case in almost every vehicle. ~14.7 will only be maintained in certain conditions. You shouldn't be concerned with AFR when there is zero load on the engine (like when you let off the throttle).

There is an update that was just released today. Each of these firmwares have minor differences to address a few small things. To be honest, you probably will not notice a difference during the trip regardless of which firmware you are on. However, we always recommend that you be on the latest and greatest. Go ahead and update to the latest release and enjoy your trip!

[email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran tests on cobb software and removed the AP from the car (standard ecu software from the factory).
I noticed that the full cut off of the fuel always occurs at the factory ecu after removing the accelerator lever, then the car burns to zero and the AFR indicates a value of about 43.
On COBB, this situation is sporadic. In most cases, when the accelerator lever is removed, the combustion rate drops to about 2 liters per 100 kilometers and the AFR remains at 14.
I do not say it's bad but I think that stopping the fuel flowing into the cylinder when driving down or commuting to red lights in urban traffic would have a positive effect on lower fuel consumption.
I am very sorry for the difficult spelling, I hope that I will be understood.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I do not run the COBB OTS maps, but my tune was affected by a bug a few months ago where the injectors would not shut off on decel (pedal lift) and continue to see 14.7 AFR's. My tuner fixed it in the interim, but COBB did release an update that fixed it as well I thought. I am not sure if the tune you are running may just need to be reflashed after updating your AP to the latest FW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts