Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!!!

I am ordering my Boomba RMM on the 12th and can not decide whether I "NEED" an upper motor mount or "WANT" a Boomba BOV.

I see the RMM as something that is really needed, while I have not heard anything about the upper motor mount. Car is a DD and if the "NEED" outweighs the "WANT" I will take care of the mount before the BOV. If it isn't then in goes the PPPPPSSSSHHHHHHHH!

What should I do?

Thanks,

RYSE

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Depends on how you drive the car. The upper mount will help with the bang, wheel hop and ultimately help you put power to the ground, while the bov will just be for sound. I say drive the car for a while with the rmm and see if you need the upper mount. If the rmm satisfies you then go for the bov.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on how you drive the car. The upper mount will help with the bang, wheel hop and ultimately help you put power to the ground, while the bov will just be for sound. I say drive the car for a while with the rmm and see if you need the upper mount. If the rmm satisfies you then go for the bov.

I have seen a video of the Boomba RMM installed and there does not seem to be any wheel hop at all. Just wondering if the Upper mount is just as bad as the RMM. I don't really drive the car very spirited, but then again I am stock with a crappy RMM so I do not want to break anything.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
If you don't drive the car too spirited then RMM will be enough. The upper mount would most likely cause too much vibration for you. Use the search bar at the top of the page to do some research. There are many reviews and info on the RMM and upper mount to help guide your decision.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome so it will add vibrations, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
RYSE
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing