Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does upgrading the clutch line make a difference? I have a ST3 2013 (Nov 2012). Besides a rediculous turn radius, the ST clutch feel is my only remaining gripe and looking for ways to improve that without removing the clutch pedal spring so other suggestions welcome in addition to the clutch line.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's getting near time to put one in. Considering an ACT Heavy Duty Clutch.
street disk? Its smooth like stock but Phucking loud with chatter unless you keep the stock dual mass
Keeping the dual mass. Certainly open to look into something else if you think there is better for DD. Tranny side is not an area I'm very inexperienced on. Leveraging other expertise and experience heavily here. Mountune folks have been pushing the aforementioned clutch.

Everything is getting opened up on the trans side end of April to install a LSD so trying to get what improvements I can done at that time.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Keeping the dual mass. Certainly open to look into something else if you think there is better for DD. Tranny side is not an area I'm very inexperienced on. Leveraging other expertise and experience heavily here. Mountune folks have been pushing the aforementioned clutch.

Everything is getting opened up on the trans side end of April to install a LSD so trying to get what improvements I can done at that time.
No, Street disk is perfect if you keep dual mass. I have no problem shifting in traffic with it. Will hold up to 400 who.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have the TSB clutch line definitely upgrade the line. The pedal feel is so much nicer.

Sent from another garage.
Yep, I do indeed have the tsb clutch line. I'll get this done sooner then later. Thanks!
Installed the clutch line (Steeda) a few days ago. It did indeed improve the pedal feel how I wanted. Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is good to know. Does this help as far as clutch pedal push down effort? I just went to a local auto show and sat in 6 different cars including a focus and fiesta and their clutch pedal literally is effortless to push down. Mine on the other hand has some resistance and I have a 2014 late model build. Almost feel like I am running an aftermarket clutch.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
This is good to know. Does this help as far as clutch pedal push down effort? I just went to a local auto show and sat in 6 different cars including a focus and fiesta and their clutch pedal literally is effortless to push down. Mine on the other hand has some resistance and I have a 2014 late model build. Almost feel like I am running an aftermarket clutch.
The spring and clutch line replacments together will help the most. I have the Steeda spring waiting to go in.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The spring and clutch line replacments together will help the most. I have the Steeda spring waiting to go in.

ok cool. I did the steeda spring and that helped a bit as far as releasing the pedal. I will have to look into the stainless steel upgraded lines.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
ok cool. I did the steeda spring and that helped a bit as far as releasing the pedal. I will have to look into the stainless steel upgraded lines.
I've been very happy with my Justin's Performance Center clutch line. I even have a write up in my build thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts