Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some questions. I'll start off by saying I don't track my car just some highway pulls here and there. I'm looking to upgrade my radiator to help it stay cool and wondering what do you guys prefer from Mishimoto, mountune, koyo or any other radiatorout there . I'm about to order the Mishimoto oil cooler and all this is I'm preperation on doing the turbo upgrade in the near future. Also wondering what would be needed prior to the upgrade.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you feel the radiator needs to be upgraded? Or the oil cooler for that matter?

Coolant Temps will rise past 220 when doing a quick pull and same thing with oil temp gauge (dummy gauge) will pass the half way mark and already order a real oil temp gauge

·
Super Moderator
10,761 Posts
Coolant Temps will rise past 220 when doing a quick pull and same thing with oil temp gauge (dummy gauge) will pass the half way mark and already order a real oil temp gauge
My coolant temp, measured on my AccessPort never goes above 185 running the car through 3rd and 4th gear and the oil, also measured on the AccessPort, barely moves at all. Unless you plan on tracking your car those mods are not really necessary, unless you just want them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,092 Posts
Front mount intercooler, Downpipe, RMM regardless if you tune or not.

J

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My coolant temp, measured on my AccessPort never goes above 185 running the car through 3rd and 4th gear and the oil, also measured on the AccessPort, barely moves at all. Unless you plan on tracking your car those mods are not really necessary, unless you just want them.

See I bought the car tuned with the sct rev x and so thats where I'm getting all the readings from. I plan on tracking it eventually.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
961 Posts
My oil reaches 210 and while driving enthusiastically during hot days and normally hangs around 185-200.
Will figure out after a track day if it needs an oil cooler or not.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Super Moderator
10,761 Posts
My oil reaches 200 and while driving enthusiastically during hot days and normals hangs around 200.
Will figure out after a track day if it needs a oil cooler or not.
If you track your car you will most likely need one; that and better brakes, and maybe a radiator.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
961 Posts
If you track your car you will most likely need one; that and better brakes, and maybe a radiator.
The last remaining mods on the list with few chassis braces and an engine strut bar. :)

Reactions: ddfred

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
New ? And how much with shipping to 98513?
Yes, brand new. Even includes all the hoses and such for the heater core. Probably gonna need to ask him about shipping. He's in PA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts