Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I intend on doing to following to my 15 ST:
MBRP Cat back Exhaust
MBRP downpipe
Steeda FMIC
Steeda rear motor mount

So all this is just under 2k. Following this I intend on getting a dyno tune.

Question is before I spend ~2.5k who, that have done similar upgrades have noticed a significant difference in performance?

Also should I go for the dyno tune or a tinder such as Cobb accessport?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have almost all of you exact parts and manufacture minus the catback. I kept that portion stock for volume control. I have a custom Panda tune through my AP. It is a remarkable difference! 274whp and 348 ft-tq.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Would getting an actual dunno tune versus the panda make much difference?

I would think the AP would be nice to switch to economy every once in a while? Or is that viable with these mods?

I was debating on the cat back, it's $700. Question is how much am I to gain from stock to the cat back

·
Registered
133 Posts
The cat-back won't give you much gains if any with the stock turbo... just some more noise. A custom dyno tune will always be better than a canned OTS tune if you have the budget for it. As for the economy mode, just ask your tuner for that option. I'm running BT and still have my economy mode.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
What does BT stand for?
Big turbo.

Ya can't go wrong with a dyno tune or a custom e-tune thru one of our vendors. I prefer the custom e-tune.

Also, save yourself some $ and get some used parts in the FS section. As the previous guy said, not much if any gains on a catback. Save yourself $500-ish and just do a Res or muffler Deere if you want more sound.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have almost all of you exact parts and manufacture minus the catback. I kept that portion stock for volume control. I have a custom Panda tune through my AP. It is a remarkable difference! 274whp and 348 ft-tq.
I went to panda, for the RPM selection for launch control what are good choices?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I plan on just getting a green filter for intake. Should be fine?
Yes, you will not see much of any gains from an aftermarket intake system, same with the CBE and IC piping.

One thing you didn't mention is if you have access to E85 fuel. If you do you could run a E30 tune(mix ~3 gallons of E85 and the rest 93 in your tank) and see about 20-30 more HP over a 93 tune.

Also, I have my LC @2750 RPM.

Good luck with the build, you're going to love it as it's a completely different car afterwards!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts