Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 2016 also and still upgraded to the mountune RMM. I didn't want one too stiff, and it's made of polyurethane instead of rubber, so I'm hoping is a "one and done" type upgrade that will last 100,000 miles. It's not that expensive, was pretty easy to install and beefy as hell. Made my shifts slightly more crisp, reduced wheel hop and helped the car feel more planted. There was a slight increase in vibration at low RPM's, but I don't even notice it now. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Totally worth it if you have added more power IMO. I have a Mountune RMM. Wheel hop is totally reduced, you feel your in a sports car when shifting gears. After a couple of hundred miles the RMM breaks in nicely and the NVH are minimal only at idle when you have the A/C on.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Mountune RMM and throw on a TBperformance traction bar to remove the NVH and add grip and you are good to go!

Reactions: CaliJoe

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
How does a traction bar "remove" NVH?
I have it installed and it does. I think like @Toadster says it either stiffens it in the right place where it reduces it, or it transfers it to where you feel it less. Either way there are multiple people that have the bar installed that will tell you what I say is true. Maybe check out these review threads:
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-suspension/84569-tbperformance-front-traction-bar-review.html
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...erformance-traction-bar-highly-recommend.html --this one doesn't give much info until post #49 then people seem to start chiming in with reviews. The more I look though the more of a mess the thread is. There might be better ones to look at.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mines a 16 and had the e-focus mount. Went with the cpe stage 2. Hated it for the first 500ish miles but then it got a lot better. Overall definitely worth it. I'm stock and the difference it made in making the front of the car feeling more stable was surprising. I wasn't expecting that much of an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You want absolutely no hop. Cp-e trio. All three engine mounts. I have noticed from replacing one mount at a time the transmission reduces the most.

Sent from another garage.
Hows the NVH with all 3?

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Just put a Cobb RMM in today. Noticeably more vibration but not to a point where it bothers me. Almost entirely at idle and low RPM. Wheel hop is pretty much gone with the F1's now. Bought it used so it should be broken in, but I'm about to put ~700 miles on the car so I'll report back after that.

So far, I'm happy with it. Especially considering it seems to be one of the harsher mounts available in terms of NVH. I'll take the vibration over the garbage E-Focus mount any day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
probably relocates the NVH to the body differently than the RMM - I could see that... no experience though - others?
This. It does remove a lot of the NVH. Only on cold starts does my interior rattle now. I'm not sure I would recommend the Cobb RMM if you are looking for a balance of comfort. It almost completely eliminated wheel-hop, but it sure does vibrate without the 'traction' bar. (The only noticeable benefit of the traction bar was the reduction of vibration. I'd still purchase it again, but just a disclaimer).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts