Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I updated to 1.7.3.0-15206 and all the options and gauges seem to be working properly. Only thing is that the shift light feature is blinking like crazy set at 6700.
Any ideas for a fix? Doesn't look like I can rollback firmware.
[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jNeWm-poptQ2NsUjd5WkFJalU/view?usp=sharing[/video]

Tried lowering and raising it and it does affect it, but it seems to be reading too high or something. Set at 8000 rpm and half the lights are lit up at idle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too.

Although, will the last firmware update, for whatever reason, my gas gauge didn't read anything until a full minute or two after the flash. With this one, that issue is gone, but crazy blinking lights haha.

For the time being, unless someone has a fix, I just set the RPM to something really high. I don't really use it anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this happen too. I set the shift light rpm to max and it won't go off now

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I set it to 10000. Good information to have here in case anyone else googles the problem I guess.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
wasn't happy when this happened on Tuesday after the update...

sent Cobb an email about it and haven't heard back from them yet... I ended up just turning the shift indicator off until they fix the issue.

crap like this just drives me crazy, they make update to fix bugs and then the update just cause more problem. I guess from now on I'll just stick to the old if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it...

after this ish gets fixed, I wont be taking any more update until they are actually needed.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
good news, there is a work around for this in another thread under the "Cobb Tuning" vendor subforum. I tried it this morning and can confirm that it does work.

Sorry for the hassle. We are working on a fix, but no worries because the bug is isolated to only immediately after the update is applied. If you go to the main menu on the Accessport device, click the "up" button a couple of times and select the "setup" option, then select "reset to defaults" that should get it all cleared up, you'll just need to reconfigure your gauges but you shouldn't run into the flashing shift light or gauge issue.

[email protected]

·
Administrator
12,952 Posts
To be honest, Cobb updates always have some bugs, I am never hasty to upgrade.

There have been quite a few problems over the lifespan of the AP3 supporting our platform.

"Latest and greatest" Tends to be more of a beta, that needs some time to get tweaked.

It's nothing new, like most things, it has been documented on here.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
To be honest, Cobb updates always have some bugs, I am never hasty to upgrade.

There have been quite a few problems over the lifespan of the AP3 supporting our platform.

"Latest and greatest" Tends to be more of a beta, that needs some time to get tweaked.

It's nothing new, like most things, it has been documented on here.
SAMe here I always wait a week or two to update that stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts