Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is an update to a previous post...

It's taken almost three weeks and three different "repairs" to my car. The second repair was to replace the throttle body. The CEL continued to come on every other day or so for a week. The more I drove the car, the worse it became. I finally went back to the dealership since they hadn't called me in almost a week. They said they hadn't heard from Ford and without a code they couldn't do anything...well, as it happened, the CEL came on right after I left the dealership. I bucked it back and they got their code, P2135, same as before.

They said they checked all the wiring connections and circuits and sensors and finally Ford said to replace the PCM. I've had it since Thursday evening and so far no problems. Something does seem different about the car, but I can't quite put my finger on what that thing is. Maybe it's because I was driving an F-150 truck as a rental for a week...

Thanks,
K
Is there any update on this problem? I have a 2014 focus st and after taking it to a bunch of idiots to put on a big turbo i have this jerking while driving problem. Pedal won’t work sometimes. It’ll go into limp mode. I replaced the throttle body, i have a new battery i replaced the pedal. I have a p0087 “fuel rail pressure too low” which made me think i need a new fuel pump but I’ve been asking for all the help i can get before throwing more time and parts at it. also a p2122 and p0454 code never had this issue until i took my car to them. It wouldn’t run at all after they worked on it so i took it to a shop in Tennessee and they got it running but my car still has a few problems. It’ll jerk while driving then go into limp mode and I’ll reset the ecu and the pedal won’t work at all still unless it sits for a day or so.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Almost 4 year old thread, probably not.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,824 Posts
Is there any update on this problem? I have a 2014 focus st and after taking it to a bunch of idiots to put on a big turbo i have this jerking while driving problem. Pedal won’t work sometimes. It’ll go into limp mode. I replaced the throttle body, i have a new battery i replaced the pedal. I have a p0087 “fuel rail pressure too low” which made me think i need a new fuel pump but I’ve been asking for all the help i can get before throwing more time and parts at it. also a p2122 and p0454 code never had this issue until i took my car to them. It wouldn’t run at all after they worked on it so i took it to a shop in Tennessee and they got it running but my car still has a few problems. It’ll jerk while driving then go into limp mode and I’ll reset the ecu and the pedal won’t work at all still unless it sits for a day or so.
Time to really start looking at those grounds.
There's so many factors to all of this.
Maybe start a thread and explain everything in it so we can be of more help. Be as detailed as possible.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts