Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a simple question, but one I haven't really seen done before. I found I can pick up a 2015+ Gauge Cluster pretty cheaply, and was wondering if it would be a PNP replacement for my 2013 cluster.

So what I want to do is take this

2013-ford-focus-st-gauge-clusterjpg.jpg

And replace it with this:

2015-Ford-Focus-ST-instrument-cluster.jpg

Why? is your next question. Well, two reasons. Firstly, I hate the italicazed numbering they used on the 2013, it's just kinda hard to read and a bit sloppy. Two, I would like the 180mph Speedometer, simply because it will increase the perceived size of my 'manhood' so to speak.

My only concern is that the vehicle mileage is tied into the cluster, or that the center info screen CANBUS interface changed for some reason between 2013 and 2015.

No, it is not cheaper/easier for me to just buy a 2015 FOST. I checked haha.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Milage is usually stored in two placed. The computer and the cluster. The cluster would need to be adjusted to match. I know that's how my 05 was. Second the connectors on the back might be different or pinned differently. So personally I'd just leave your stock one and get a custom gauge face. Won't read as high but you can change the font.

http://www.blackcatcustom.com

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I would check with the dealership, I don't know about the Focus, but with some other Ford's, the cluster is part of the PATS. the cluster reads the key's code and makes sure its correct then tells the PCM that its OK to start the car.

if this is the case with the Focus, you will need a dealer (or a good scan tool) to marry the PCM, cluster and two keys before the car can be started and driven.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, then this isn't worth the effort. I would actually prefer custom faces, as that would allow me to fix my pet peeve that the tach only has ticks marking 500 rpm increments instead of 250. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
The mileage is indeed stored in the cluster. I sold mine to a guy and when he plugged it in he had a extra 10k on his car. On another note getting to it is a b!tch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts