Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
And I'm finished with the APv3 vent mount. It took about 4 revisions but it's right where I want it to be.

Modified file print result. Printed in PETG so it hopefully won't melt in the cab during the hot days.
Grey Rectangle Font Metal Fashion accessory

And all mounted up.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Mirror Automotive side-view mirror

Car Vehicle Speedometer White Motor vehicle

And I know it's not everyones favorite but for me I rarely use my back wiper so it got deleted and plugged.
Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
2016 ST2
302 Posts
Any chance you'll share your file? I use a magic mount in the same spot right now, but this looks like a slick solution / more stable.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Any chance you'll share your file? I use a magic mount in the same spot right now, but this looks like a slick solution / more stable.
To give credit to the original author I created a thingiverse account to submit the file as a remix to the original. It might be some time before it pops up but here is a link. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5401999

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use Magic Mounts for phone and AP and like them very much, but my Anxiety Port was last plugged in when I needed to get log revisions.

Reactions: ezeefpv

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I use Magic Mounts for phone and AP and like them very much, but my Anxiety Port was last plugged in when I needed to get log revisions.
I tried some mounts but they just didn't "work" the way I wanted it to. Printed the original first and I liked how the initial result came out so I just modified it to suit my tastes.

The thingiverse link should be live now if anyone is curious.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just a small change done recently.

I was already planning to change the interior bulbs to leds. When I went to verify the bulbs I found that all the lens housings had either broken tabs or ugly/yellowed lenses.

Found these smd housings and decided to give them a try
Rectangle Font Electrical wiring Transparency Cable

They are basically smd led housing replacements. Instead of some of the light being wasted going into the backside of the cavity where they sit, all the light output is directed toward the face/outside.

Install is literally plug and play. Just remove the old bulb socket connector and lens and connect the new ones
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

Then just pop the new housing back into the factory location. No muss no fuss.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Automotive exterior Vehicle

This is the cargo area and the front foot wells are a significant improvement as well with these installed.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive design Flooring

Dome and vanity lights soon to round out the switch.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Today I did some minor maintenance/repairs that weren't worth any pictures. I tightened up my v-band clamp on the downpipe, tightened up my exhaust bolts, replaced the front wheel liners l/r with new plastic pieces.

After that I tinted my 3rd brake light and side mirror turn signal lens with some smoked vinyl. I suck at doing any kind of vinyl wrapping unless it's a completely flat surface. There are some imperfections that I might take care of in the future with another pass. It made it easier to remove the pieces though.

3rd brake light tinted
Vehicle Automotive tire Plant Building Tire

And side mirror turn signal lens tinted
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Motor vehicle

Faster than the method I originally was going to do: vht night shades and clear coat. Will see how long this holds up before it needs to be re-done.

·
Registered
'18 ST1+ Sync3 Euro Blue Recaros
244 Posts
Smoked Vinyl? Do tell. I like your trunk lighting suggestion. Care to share your product recommendations for this alleged "smoked vinyl" as well?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
@ezeefpv Regarding your Mishimoto CAI, specifically the rubber coupling tube that shows the “Mishimoto” brand name....

Does the backside of the coupler also contain the Mishimoto brand name? Could the coupling tube be positioned in a way to not show the brand name - just a back vinyl tube?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
@ezeefpv Regarding your Mishimoto CAI, specifically the rubber coupling tube that shows the “Mishimoto” brand name....

Does the backside of the coupler also contain the Mishimoto brand name? Could the coupling tube be positioned in a way to not show the brand name - just a back vinyl tube?
I can double check but I do believe the mishimoto name is only on one side, so yes you could rotate it to only show black.

Edit: @beretta96 just verified and yes the name is only one side 👍

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
You can get spray on smoked "vinyl" at most autoparts stores. I think it's $16 for a can.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
You can get spray on smoked "vinyl" at most autoparts stores. I think it's $16 for a can.
I saw some of those. The route I went with is easier to re-do and bit faster (IMO). I was originally going to use vht night shades with clear coat but tried the vinyl product first before buying the night shades and I am glad I did. I just need more practice in wrapping.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Worked on my vinyl wrapping today.

Got some knifeless tape and what I had left of the smoked vinyl I decided to dress up my headlights.

There's water on the vehicle from a short/sudden rain drop.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive lighting Grille Tire Hood Automotive tire

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire

Atmosphere Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Headlamp

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

And I changed the side mirror lens too
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

GIF in action

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Got some small bits installed today.

Torque Solutions Reverse Lockout Jam Nut.
Computer keyboard Input device Peripheral Light Black

Installed on the shift lever along with the threaded insert for the shift knob.
Car Vehicle Steering part Light Motor vehicle

Current shift handle preference.
Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Steering part

Yep it's dirty in that area.

Alternate shift handle.
Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Steering wheel

Torque Solutions Downpipe Hanger.
Bicycle part Tool Composite material Carbon Auto part

Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Hood

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Automotive tire Saw Bicycle part Bumper Rim

Redline Hood Struts.
Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,980 Posts
I just realized the TS downpipe mount is identical to the whoosh unit. I wonder what company actually makes them

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I thought my objective today was going to be easy because the videos made it look easy. The paper install instructions answered more questions than the videos I have seen.

Removed the intake manifold to install the Radium PCV Baffle.
White Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Auto part

The baffle install went without a hitch.

Added nylon braids to the pcv hoses.
Vehicle Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part

Motor vehicle Hood Bag Automotive design Auto part

You see the pcv catch can mounted but that was where the first gotcha happened. I didn't see it in many videos but the instructions told me I had to relocate the fan control module.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

The instructions originally said to shift the module toward the LH side of the engine bay and zip-tie it to the same location. I used some M3 bolts, M3 standoffs and M3 hex nuts to create my own mount. I shifted the module down toward the bottom of the engine bay and I prefer this mount better.

And the PCV side finished.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Since I needed to remove the intake manifold I took the opportunity to relocate my vacuum source. I did the FUFF 2.5 mod and used the original purge valve source for vacuum...but it was too loose for my comfort so I relocated it to the ss delete plate.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Vehicle Auto part

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

On to the CCV side. Them dang barbs were a PITA! Both to get the old stuff off and the new stuff on.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Wood

Getting to everything for the ccv side after having done the purge valve mod proved to be crowded.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
First pass to get the hoses connected to the ccv can.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Too crowded so I had to "fish line" the valve hose while it was connected to the ccv can.
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Once I managed to get the ccv valve cover hose connected it was just a matter of making sure everything was tight.

It got dark by the time I finished everything.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design

And I still didn't get to a couple of other things.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts