Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed last night that my right front tire is worn to almost smooth, evenly across its surface. The front left is somewhat worn, but nothing like the front right. It doesn't appear to an alignment issue. Does anyone have an issue with one front tire wearing much more than the other is this manner? I guess I am wondering if the electronic traction control could be causing this kind of issue?

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Noticed last night that my right front tire is worn to almost smooth, evenly across its surface. The front left is somewhat worn, but nothing like the front right. It doesn't appear to an alignment issue. Does anyone have an issue with one front tire wearing much more than the other is this manner? I guess I am wondering if the electronic traction control could be causing this kind of issue?
Have you had the alignment checked?

Also, stock suspension? Lowered? A lot of things play into uneven tire wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fully stock Focus ST suspension. Haven't checked alignment yet. Will this week.
Take a lot of aggressive right turns? lol - first checkpoint is always alignment for uneven tire wear even if you don't experience any major symptoms driving

·
Registered
825 Posts
The differential is not a limited slip. In MOST FWD cars, the right front wheel will spin first.
So with a lot of wheelspin, you are only going to wear out the right front tire.
You may not even think about how every start from a stop you are hitting the gas hard enough
to make that right front tire leave a little extra rubber behind every time.
It adds up.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah. It's that one wheel peel.

No lsd sucks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Worn only on the inside or outside would be an alignment issue. Even wear across the tire is well, you're burning that sucker up!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'd hope you're rotating them at least...
^^^this. Rotate more often, especially if you have F1 Summer Only tires. They are only good for about 15,000 miles anyway, so rotating every 5000 is probably too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts