Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an accessportv3 and installed it yesterday with the OTS Cobb stage 1 tune. Just figured out how to set the gauges to display on the screen and have read the OAR (constantly at -1), FAR (is good), and the last 4 gauges positive ignition correction on all 4 cylinders. Here is what I discovered after a short trip, 1 and 2 read zero with a little positive correction occasionally but 3 and 4 are a bit all over the shop, both giving almost identical readings which are erratic and high. Like 30+.
Any ideas why 1 and 2 seem good but 3 and 4 are not what would be expected?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just went to the car plugged in my AP3 and went through and reconfigured the gauges and this time all readings are sweet. I am guessing that perhaps I had 3 and 4 as ignition timing which may explain my readings. So at the moment all seems OK.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes you were eyeing total ignition timing, which can be helpful if you know what your looking for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
know what your looking for
The only time I have ever checked the ignition timing was when turning the dizzy to set the timing or to check the advanced vacuum unit was operating. And that was done with a hand held light not a digital display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts