Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience and provide a guide for people who are uncomfortable in their ST Recaros. This car is amazing but I had issues with the Recaros since I bought it... I thought they would break in but they didn't. I had hip and thigh pain from sitting in my ST and could never find a comfortable seating position no matter what I tried. I am 6'0 and weigh 185lbs and have long legs. I found that the bolstering is quite tight on the thighs and hips and that the seat angle is too aggressive which resulted in hip joint pain.. After searching through this forum and various forums I decided to go for the wing removal mod and it is a GAME CHANGER! There are no videos or helpful guides anymore as the pictures have all been deleted... I decided to make a video to hopefully help anyone that is looking to do this mod. It is a FREE mod that is 100% reversible. All that is required is to remove the plastic bolster from inside the seat.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,595 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I'm a little heavier and like the seats, but understand they're not for everybody.

Some chairs I sit in give me leg cramps if it puts pressure on the wrong part of my leg.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
wowsa, nice find...if I still had mine, I would do this to the passenger seat immediately. I love the recaros in their factory form, but the wifey never could get comfortable on the other side ;)

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,546 Posts
easily, i should add... did it seem glued?
Its not glued. The stitched seams are strongly velcroed to the foam, you have to get your hand down there and carefully work the velcro apart or else you'll tear it off the foam. Otherwise they come right apart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience and provide a guide for people who are uncomfortable in their ST Recaros. This car is amazing but I had issues with the Recaros since I bought it... I thought they would break in but they didn't. I had hip and thigh pain from sitting in my ST and could never find a comfortable seating position no matter what I tried. I am 6'0 and weigh 185lbs and have long legs. I found that the bolstering is quite tight on the thighs and hips and that the seat angle is too aggressive which resulted in hip joint pain.. After searching through this forum and various forums I decided to go for the wing removal mod and it is a GAME CHANGER! There are no videos or helpful guides anymore as the pictures have all been deleted... I decided to make a video to hopefully help anyone that is looking to do this mod. It is a FREE mod that is 100% reversible. All that is required is to remove the plastic bolster from inside the seat.

Enjoy!

Anyone try this ? Pease comment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts