Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

In conjunction with a project I have been working on to install Eu-Style power folding mirrors on my North American 2013 ST1, I would like to make contact with a knowledgeable and helpful Ford OEM parts house in the UK or mainland Europe. I seem to recall that there was a UK based company/Ford dealer (and maybe even an individual??) that was frequently mentioned on this forum as being extremely responsive and helpful.

Does anybody know or remember who that company or contact is, or if any of you have had good support from the UK or Europe regard parts hunts ? Many thanks in advance for an input folks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I need to do this to mine too so let me know what you find. A buddy in Australia was going to sell me his but of course I remembered that we can only use LHD mirrors, which limits availability quite a bit. There's a place online that sells a full kit for like $1200 but I wanna spend like $600 max

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to do this to mine too so let me know what you find. A buddy in Australia was going to sell me his but of course I remembered that we can only use LHD mirrors, which limits availability quite a bit. There's a place online that sells a full kit for like $1200 but I wanna spend like $600 max

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
@brianlovelace - Hey Brian! FWIW I got it done already with “pattern part” aftermarket mirrors and everything works EXCEPT that my mirror glasses motor all the way up when they unfold and all the way down when they fold, which is obviously not ideal.
I have also tried lots of different door modules from both US and Eu and they all behave the same. In addition, the door modules report config errors that suggest there is some circuitry missing. I have therefore concluded that (for pre-facelift cars at least), there must some additional circuitry/relays in the mirror unit itself. So I would like to source at least one genuine pre-facelift mirror unit for a continental Europe Focus MK3 (pre-facelift). Long story! 😂

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,943 Posts
There was a ford parts person that worked at a UK dealer. I seem to remember him ordering and sending people the Euro center console. If i get time today ill try to search through those center console threads to find a name for you.

Reactions: StanE

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a ford parts person that worked at a UK dealer. I seem to remember him ordering and sending people the Euro center console. If i get time today ill try to search through those center console threads to find a name for you.
That would be awesome! 👍👍

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,943 Posts
@tezza is the guy you're looking for. He hasn't been active in a while but wouldn't hurt to PM him.

Reactions: StanE

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
782 Posts
Hi chaps, is there such a thing as a helpful parts advisor? 😆 just kidding, I don’t know anyone personally, but you could try fordpartsuk.com and fill
In their enquiry form.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi chaps, is there such a thing as a helpful parts advisor? 😆 just kidding, I don’t know anyone personally, but you could try fordpartsuk.com and fill
In their enquiry form.
True enough lol! I tried at fordpartsuk.com and their part inquiry systems has "shut down"....... 😕

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
782 Posts
Oh, ok, well tbh I’ve not used them for years, I usually get my genuine parts from Rates Ford on eBay, they are a main dealer in England, who regularly have discount parts on their eBay shop. Are you able to find the information you need on 7zap.com possibly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts