Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new one. Threw this code along with a couple of EVAP codes today when I tool the ST out of storage.
Something to do with the fuel pump? Any guesses? Car starts and runs fine, just keeps throwing the same codes after I erase them with my scan tool.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Anything storage related? Is your battery still fresh? Any sign of critters chewing or nesting? Any moisture issues with where you store the car? Cant say i have seen much about this code on the site

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stored in a Shelter Logic Garage-in-a Box for the third year on a battery tender; in a new location this year, but on hard-packed gravel. I have a bad feeling that my anti-critter regimen might not have been enough this year. I'll probably start again and let it run to get a good top-off on the battery and see if the code stay cleared. It's the first I've seen of this code on the site.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's a new one. Threw this code along with a couple of EVAP codes today when I tool the ST out of storage.
Something to do with the fuel pump? Any guesses? Car starts and runs fine, just keeps throwing the same codes after I erase them with my scan tool.
After looking this over, it's more likely than not, that critters ate through a wire and caused a short or a wire to ground out that shouldn't. https://www.obd-codes.com/u0109

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes--I saw the linked page when I originally got the code.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are the other two codes, both EVAP related:p0446, P0452

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
These are the other two codes, both EVAP related:p0446, P0452
Did you do the purge valve recall?

If you didn't, either go back to stock tuning and take it to the stealership, or replace the part yourself. 10 min job. Super easy, no jack or tools needed.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No recall yet, bumper cover just came back from paint. Once I get the nose back together, it's going in for the recall.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No recall yet, bumper cover just came back from paint. Once I get the nose back together, it's going in for the recall.
Were you able to get the U0109 code resolved? I I have a friend with the same code, but not the EVAP code.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It "fixed itself" by the time I got the recall taken care of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts