Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me out with this one.

On my '13 Focus ST I mounted my winter wheels a couple of weeks ago.
At first there was no problem at all, until I get the warning that the tyres are losing grip at 190 km/h. Saw that warning twice.

But I don;t drive that hard so often, but I came on another problem which is coming back everytime I start the car now.
It sais to check the tyre pressure, but they are fine at all tyres.

As I said, I'm driving my winter set right now. Can this be something with my TPMS sensors? Because I don't know for sure if I have them at my winter wheels, I bought them second hand and let the garage fitted new tyres on them.

What should I do or can I do in this case?
The yellow lights on the dashboard are very irritating.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You probably just have a bad TPMS sensor. I have my winters on the old 17s from my SE and one of those sensors is bad, so I get that annoying message. If you want to identify the bad one(s) there's a kind of PITA diagnostic procedure you can google where you let the air out of each sensor in turn to identify the bad one(s). When the air pressure drops far enough, the horn will honk, but the problem is if the sensor is bad, it won't honk, so you don't want to do this too far from a source of air as you can bleed your tires pretty far waiting for the horn before assuming it's not reading the sensor. I've done the test once and just had another one go bad the next year, so I just live with the annoyance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts