Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs will be 2.3 liter, extrude hone head, Crower springs/retainers and custom cams, 30mm exhaust valves, PCV delete, MMR main bolts, Esslinger head studs with a GTX2976. We will be using Manley again for the internals. Disassembly has started. Cams should be shipped to Crower tomorrow to be cam doctored.

Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part
Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
And no updates? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ok details are worked out. Block will be sleeved and will run 88mm pistons. Tear down will begin tonight.
:shocked: Sleeved!!! Do you have Speeds 600whp mark in your cross-hairs!?

This should be fun to follow!

·
Administrator
12,918 Posts
:shocked: Sleeved!!! Do you have Speeds 600whp mark in your cross-hairs!?

This should be fun to follow!
Well, that 600 and some change is old news. Pablos 2.5 is a thing of beauty. It was ready to be thrown in last time i was there, its probably in by now.

Large hp, wow torque, much excite.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well, that 600 and some change is old news. Pablos 2.5 is a thing of beauty. It was ready to be thrown in last time i was there, its probably in by now.

Large hp, wow torque, much excite.
Well, it is nice to see people still pushing our platform and developing new combos otherwise it would just die. Fun and very exciting. Now if only I could afford a new engine to throw into mine....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Any other changes to the engine internally or will it be a similar setup as last one just stronger internals? BTW my builder did his own calculations for my car and they came up with same results as you. I'll post what they ordered when I get the full list soon. GLHF!

·
Administrator
12,918 Posts
I know that things probably runs low 17's
Well, iirc the original goal was a dyno queen with a few passes under her belt, then a for sale sign on the motor.

Sorry Tuxed and SiStomper for the threadjack.

Reactions: Stealth

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any other changes to the engine internally or will it be a similar setup as last one just stronger internals? BTW my builder did his own calculations for my car and they came up with same results as you. I'll post what they ordered when I get the full list soon. GLHF!
It will be similar. We are using 2.3 piston on this motor because of the 30mm exhaust valves. the 2.0 valve reliefs just aren't large enough.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok plans have changed again. This is final however lol. The block will not be sleeved after all. We are staying stock bore but are still using 2.3 pistons. I got the deal of a lifetime today. These are standard pin but I will order the extreme duty pins tomorrow. They were bought for a customer that backed out if a engine build. CPE 2.3 Manley 2618 pistons for $300. Pins are $80. Cheapest I found extreme duty pin/piston set is $660.:RockOn:

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Motor is tore down and block is at the shop being checked. It will get painted this week. Got the pistons and brought them to work to CMM them. They all came in at 3.441-3.442" Note the huge reliefs for the 30 mm exhaust valves. Crank and rods are on the way also. New 50lb EV14 injectors for the aux fuel courtesy of @STormtrooper procharged Mustang. We put 75lb in there when we added boost

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Tire Suspension

Metal Circle

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Automotive air manifold Vehicle
Auto part Spark plug Suspension part Suspension Automotive ignition part

1 - 20 of 85 Posts