Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 1000th post, I thought I'd start a discussion. Hopefully I get some responses because I am genuinely curious!

Everyone knows that Tuxedo Black (or Shadow Black, whatever) is the color those choose who wish to remain under the radar. But this perk also comes with a curse for me.... I wave and wave and wave at every ST that I see (FiST and FoST), and NO ONE waves back! Is my stealth game too great??!? Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon, or is it just snooty Cincinnatians ...

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I usually get a wave from most ST's. A lot of times I can't see the other guy if their windows are tinted

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peregriner

·
Registered
565 Posts
It may just be the owners....I have had the same experience. Oddly enough the ones that do wave back also have TB ST's :p

But the stealth of the TB is annoying sometimes but at the same time, no one ever expects it to be something special and are shocked.

EDIT: Also just noticed this @Peregriner, we have the same join date, and both own TB ST1's. Sadly you have a 2014 so it isn't as epic but still cool.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may just be the owners....I have had the same experience. Oddly enough the ones that do wave back also have TB ST's :p

But the stealth of the TB is annoying sometimes but at the same time, no one ever expects it to be something special and are shocked.

EDIT: Also just noticed this @Peregriner, we have the same join date, and both own TB ST1's. Sadly you have a 2014 so it isn't as epic but still cool.
Nice! Well, my 2014 is mechanically a 2013 ... so there is that! Whenever anyone asks what year, I usually say 2013 just because its easier than "well its a 2014, but it has small brakes, early suspension, ..."

EDIT: Also on your earlier point, I did have a pretty epic bromance with another TB ST3 for a while when we'd pass each other every morning. Lights flashing, waving, the works.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am usually the one waving like an idiot till they notice, not many STs around my area! :haha:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I am usually the one waving like an idiot till they notice, not many STs around my area! :haha:
When I first moved to Lubbock there were less than 10 ST's, those were the very lonely days. Now there are closer to 30 or so, But I still rarely see any, most of the time I hear about them from friends who saw them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hopefully I get some responses because I am genuinely curious!

or is it just snooty Cincinnatians ...
Ah I live on the westside of Cincy in Delhi. I've gotten waved at once so far and I waved back. I have a Tux Black ST. Funny thing is that there is another dude with a tux black st that lives on the same street as me, haven't seen him out driving his though. I've only seen it parked. Would be hilarious if that's you?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah I live on the westside of Cincy in Delhi. I've gotten waved at once so far and I waved back. I have a Tux Black ST. Funny thing is that there is another dude with a tux black st that lives on the same street as me, haven't seen him out driving his though. I've only seen it parked. Would be hilarious if that's you?
Delhi huh? It's close, though I'm in Cheviot... And the ST stays in the garage when parked... Probably have seen you driving around though, I've seen quite a few TBs in the area! So, I'm getting the sense that TBs can see each other but are invisible to the rest of the rainbow lol!

·
Registered
211 Posts
2014 TB, blacked out Ford and ST emblems. I've never got a wave back from another ST. I have from WRX guys, even a few thumbs up. Also a rev bomb from a MS3 so I'll take it as a wave too lol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, we TS owners don't have that problem! You see a Tangerine Scream Focus, you KNOW it's the ST! :haha:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts