Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a 2017 Focus St. The previous owner added several aftermarket parts on it. I'm still discovering what all he had added to it. I've recently jacked it up to the point I was able to get under it and make sure all my hoses where on in the right spots and the clamps was tightened up where no air was escaping. when i got to the point of checking the hoses yo my turbo. i noticed it had a (TurboSmart) label on it. So I'm curious if that comes stock or if it was an aftermarket upgrade. Only thing I could see on it was Ec-25 and turbosmart. The metal plate with the s/n and the other numbers was in a bad spot. So I couldn't make out what was stamped on it.

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,354 Posts
This would be aftermarket. It's either a BPV (bypass valve) or a BOV (blow off valve).

A picture would help us determine which it is.

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,354 Posts
I have a Tial BOV. But printed on my turbo says Turbosmart. So when you say it's either a bypass or bov. Are you referring to my turbo or that is a bypass or bov that's labeled Turbosmart?
I guess option 3 is what your situation sounds like which would be, turbo smart blockoff plate in the stock turbo and Tial BOV kit somewhere in the charge pipe or intercooler system.

Again. Pics help.

· Registered
2016 ST2
332 Posts
I’m guessing he wouldn’t see it unless he was under car, but could be a turbo smart waste gate actuator also. OP is the plate facing the passenger wheel? Or is it on the back of the engine connected to the turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.