Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all over this forum and I can't seem to find a straight answer. I just went FBO on my '16 ST3 and I have purchased the Turbosmart Dual Port Kompact BOV. The damn thing goes off even in negative boost. I know I can connect it to the boost port on my symposer delete, but what do I do with the factory vacuum line connected to the BOV? Would I just cap that off, and run a new line from the BOV to the symposer delete? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Another thing I noticed was I was driving it last night getting ready to take my WOT logs for my JST Performance tune, and I noticed that at 70 mph in 6th gear running about 2-3 lbs of boost, the BOV would vent once about every 30 seconds. I was in cruise control and going slightly uphill. Would connecting it to the symposer delete solve this issue as well?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have searched all over this forum and I can't seem to find a straight answer. I just went FBO on my '16 ST3 and I have purchased the Turbosmart Dual Port Kompact BOV. The damn thing goes off even in negative boost. I know I can connect it to the boost port on my symposer delete, but what do I do with the factory vacuum line connected to the BOV? Would I just cap that off, and run a new line from the BOV to the symposer delete? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Another thing I noticed was I was driving it last night getting ready to take my WOT logs for my JST Performance tune, and I noticed that at 70 mph in 6th gear running about 2-3 lbs of boost, the BOV would vent once about every 30 seconds. I was in cruise control and going slightly uphill. Would connecting it to the symposer delete solve this issue as well?

Do this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Do this.
Could I just re-use the factory vacuum line and connect that to the symposer delete?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going to need a longer length of vacuum line to reach from where it currently connects to the solenoid to where it will ultimately connect to the symposer. The new bov stays connected to the same vacuum line as the stock bpv.
I have about 5 feet of 3/16 vacuum line. Should be enough to just run it from the BOV, up into the engine cover as to not catch any belts or moving parts, and down onto the symposer delete. I need to get some caps and clamps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have about 5 feet of 3/16 vacuum line. Should be enough to just run it from the BOV, up into the engine cover as to not catch any belts or moving parts, and down onto the symposer delete. I need to get some caps and clamps.

You don't need to run any line from the bov itself to the symposer. Big circle on the left is where you'll need to cap/clamp the solenoid. Small circle on the right is where you connect the new vacuum hose. Run the new hose (yellow line) down to the symposer delete. That's it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 375864
You don't need to run any line from the bov itself to the symposer. Big circle on the left is where you'll need to cap/clamp the solenoid. Small circle on the right is where you connect the new vacuum hose. Run the new hose (yellow line) down to the symposer delete. That's it.
Ah, okay. I'm picking up what you're putting down. Thanks for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts