Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i found a pretty good way to keep my blowoff valve at bay while driving casually, very nice! It doesn't VTA until I hit about 12-15lbs of boost, and when you're at low Rpms and lower boost you can also get some turbo flutter, which sounds great to me and isn't harmful at such low boost.

What I did was I went on turbosmart.com and purchased the "pink" spring that fits the turbosmart bov, I then cut that spring to about 2.5 inches, and threaded the two together and stuck it back in there, an presto.

·
Registered
163 Posts
at what psi does it stop fluttering? personally, i dont think what you did was a very good idea. youre basically forcing compressor surge on your turbo which is going to cause it to fail prematurely. there is a reason that the spring in the bov is so soft, its because the turbo is so small and makes boost so easily, so it has to be able to vent that boost when you let off the throttle. something you couldve done that ive heard of people doing is bypassing the factory boost solenoid and getting vacuum for the bov from another vacuum source like a hose barb fitting on a symposer delete plate. ive been considering doing this mod myself at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at what psi does it stop fluttering? personally, i dont think what you did was a very good idea. youre basically forcing compressor surge on your turbo which is going to cause it to fail prematurely. there is a reason that the spring in the bov is so soft, its because the turbo is so small and makes boost so easily, so it has to be able to vent that boost when you let off the throttle. something you couldve done that ive heard of people doing is bypassing the factory boost solenoid and getting vacuum for the bov from another vacuum source like a hose barb fitting on a symposer delete plate. ive been considering doing this mod myself at some point.
Yeah bliss that was something I was weary about, but it only really does that when I'm in neutral or parking lot speeds, I'd say when the boost is between 3-12lbs I can hear it getting dumped like the stock bpv, and anything past that it vta's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts