Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
I read briefly, but i saw stratified announced that they r making a hybrid w Garrett internals and a custom tune package
That would be the safer bet, waiting to see what Strat comes up with.

I'm still a pay to play guy, and rather have a proven turbo manufactured(which hopefully is what strat is doing) then roll the dice on a hybrid.

Guess what happens when the cold side wheel fails? Motor damage. People saving a few bucks initially, are gambling a lot more money with their cars. Just how I look at it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea it seems like garrett is making the turbo so its going to be a safer, more reliable turbo, prob around 320whp on 93 octane. it will get slightly less hp than pwnall or turbobay but you get the reliability.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Would be interested to see how it would perform with E85 straight. The stock turbo spins up really quick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
I read briefly, but i saw stratified announced that they r making a hybrid w Garrett internals and a custom tune package
I think you may have misread that. They didn't say they are making a hybrid, but that the will be offering the new Garrett drop-in turbo, and bundling it with custom tunes. Saying that they should be able to make mid 300s with ethanol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If they can make 350 with WMI and essentially stock spool speed, I will be on that band wagon so fast. I wanted a MRX6258 to push 350 and the fastest spool speed but if this is priced in the 1300ish range I'll be the first to buy it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why no talk of TPC? I have a core sitting here waiting to go to them, but all this talk has me a little nervous!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have also contemplated a hybrid from TPC, the price is right, would just like to benefit from someone else's experience first, someone else who has more time and money for trial and error :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have also contemplated a hybrid from TPC, the price is right, would just like to benefit from someone else's experience first, someone else who has more time and money for trial and error :)
They post a lot on IG so I’ll assume they’re a good reputable company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 90 of 90 Posts