Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh ok, how many revisions being done by Brian so far, since I guess it take around 4-5 revision for the hybrid to be dialed in properly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just checking with you guys, do you think WMI or Aux fuel is required for the hybrid turbo ? And when your on stock internals

·
Registered
78 Posts
93 octane maybe 320-340whp if u want any more you will need some other fueling.
U don’t need wmi or a built motor. Just don’t get a crappy tuner

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
And I have the turbo whine of death, you can hear the wheel eating the housing. Dont go turbobay hybrid.
Sucks to hear man. Lots of wasted time, effort, and funds. Thank you for documenting it here though, should save plenty of people from the same headache.

Whats your next move?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry to hear this, I'd hoped these turbos would work out.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
wow, dont they have a 1 year warranty?
He's already had to warranty it, just comes a point that its hard to place faith in its reliability.

At this point, he could have just bought a garrett turbo, external bov, and be fully tuned with much better headroom and lower CAT.

So much wasted labor, plus fluids, and time. ****s not cheap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
He's already had to warranty it, just comes a point that its hard to place faith in its reliability.

At this point, he could have just bought a garrett turbo, external bov, and be fully tuned with much better headroom and lower CAT.

So much wasted labor, plus fluids, and time. ****s not cheap.
I think with the direction i already went, it would cost similar to the MRX kit. I have mountunes intake (original one), and a boomba bpv. so factor in the cost for the charge pipe and the bov its close to the cost of the mrx kit. you can use a discount code on the MRX kit as well so i believe with a catted downpipe it was around $2600.
or ATP turbo $1900
charge pipe $250
BOV $250
Downpipe $2-300

·
Registered
78 Posts
What if you request a new turbo from turbobay and tell them to put in the older spec wheel? I know of a guy that put 60k miles on his turbobay no issues makes like 330whp on 93 or something

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well the dude hasn't even given me my core charge back yet, I've already tried to call, text, email him with no reply. Asking just to get my core charge back, not the best way to run a business imo.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Well the dude hasn't even given me my core charge back yet, I've already tried to call, text, email him with no reply. Asking just to get my core charge back, not the best way to run a business imo.
Hopefully you get that core money back.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts