Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Customs, ohhhhh

The ATP kits are pretty complete. You will need an external bov though. So either a coldside charge pipe one, one mounted on a fmic, or one custom fabbed into the hotside pipe.

You need an aftermarket fmic to run a larger turbo as well. The OEM is notoriously bad even on the K03 turbo. Not good at all.

Reliability isn't that much of a concern at those power levels. When you are in the 425-450 whp range you should be worried.
I have the smaller of the CPe intercoolers sitting on a shelf right now, just haven't put it in yet, figured I would just do it and a turbo in one shot. We generally only have 91 fuel around here, but I can get 92 and 94 at a few select stations. Either way I would have it tuned for the 91, then probably end up running the 92 most of the time, that's what I do now, just for extra safety.

You're making me feel like I should just spring for an ATP kit, but I'll wait to see how SnOpMaT's experience is before making any final calls. I still have 2 years of factory powertrain coverage on my car, so need to decide when I am willing to throw that out the window. Already had the head gasket replaced once due to a coolant leak, so my engine has probably had its one issue, should be good now :)

Apologies for taking this thread off course a bit...

·
Super Moderator
7,577 Posts
I have the smaller of the CPe intercoolers sitting on a shelf right now, just haven't put it in yet, figured I would just do it and a turbo in one shot. We generally only have 91 fuel around here, but I can get 92 and 94 at a few select stations. Either way I would have it tuned for the 91, then probably end up running the 92 most of the time, that's what I do now, just for extra safety.

You're making me feel like I should just spring for an ATP kit, but I'll wait to see how SnOpMaT's experience is before making any final calls. I still have 2 years of factory powertrain coverage on my car, so need to decide when I am willing to throw that out the window. Already had the head gasket replaced once due to a coolant leak, so my engine has probably had its one issue, should be good now :)

Apologies for taking this thread off course a bit...

No need to rush, take your time, gather info and funds.

You still need an external BOV solution.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I ordered the turbobay hybrid july 25th and I'm still waiting. Kind of pissed off over the whole situation really.
I went to the site to give 'em hell for you, but it does say to allow 4-10 weeks for build time (obviously plus shipping time), so you're still in that range. Did they make you any promises otherwise?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah they said it would ship last week, but the turbosmart wg didn't arrive. Which being they kind of got hit by a hurricane, I fully understand.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Awesome! Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Bad seal, not cool. Liking this option less each post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I'm kind of mad at myself right now, I feel like after waiting two months that everything better be perfect. Now I will see how he handles this situation.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Are you remote tuning or getting it dyno tuned? Curious what the numbers will be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So it looks like 25 psi is about the best your going to get out of it on 93 Oct without the little turbo turning into a giant hair dryer.

·
Super Moderator
7,577 Posts
So it looks like 25 psi is about the best your going to get out of it on 93 Oct without the little turbo turning into a giant hair dryer.
Well a K03 puts out 25 psi. Interested to see the curve and boost at redline.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would have died or at least attempted to kill someone if after all that work i got the turbo blowing clouds like this. Really glad everything working out for you so far. Keep us posted and props for going a different route, one that worked for you.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts