Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know if anyone have the turbobay hybrid turbo set up. I’m thinking of moving to a hybrid turbo, because I just want to achieve 320-330whp on e30 tune.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
as much as I would love to see a good stock frame / hybrid option... all previous attempts were fail. The biggest issue IIRC is the small turbine housing and "gooseneck" of the stock turbo setup. Put as big of a turbine wheel as you want, but flow starts to choke early in the 300 hp range.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yes, let us know! I love the spool of the k03, and a little more out of it would be great! One of my tunes pushed the boost up to 29 lbs and it was fun! I had to dial it back to preserve my turbo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered one a couple weeks ago, I will let you know how it goes. Cyborg st said he made 333 whp on 93Oct, I will going through JST to tune it. The owner of turbobay said that I will be getting his new bigger wheel than cyborg has.
Yeah let me know right now just finished my JST tune with my stock turbo. I’m contemplating on a hybrid or just pushing an upgrade

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered the turbo July 25th and I'm still waiting on it. I ordered the turbo with the upgraded turbosmart wastegate actuator with 11# spring. I'm going to tune it for 93 first and then maybe I will do e30.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just ordered one a couple weeks ago, I will let you know how it goes. Cyborg st said he made 333 whp on 93Oct, I will going through JST to tune it. The owner of turbobay said that I will be getting his new bigger wheel than cyborg has.
but cyborg have JST tune or other chiptunner?

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ordered the turbo July 25th and I'm still waiting on it. I ordered the turbo with the upgraded turbosmart wastegate actuator with 11# spring. I'm going to tune it for 93 first and then maybe I will do e30.
Excited to see this. Did you order from Pumaspeed or Pwnall?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also been contemplating a hybrid turbo upgrade, I am in Canada so naturally was looking at the Turbo parts Canada unit. I really just want it to work mostly like stock, but provide a little extra flow to keep the fun going longer into the rpm range. Would love to know what the differences are between the TPC and Pwnall units, if any really.

·
Registered
141 Posts
what is the point of this? the stock turdbro is well a turd

a little more money and you could have a real BT and not a "hybrid"

a full 2876 is only a bit more than this and can get you WAY more powa and easier.
And sounds way better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe pricing is different down south, but the Hybrid turbo from TPC will run me about $1500 shipped, and an ATP 2860 kit will run me about $3000 shipped, so its about double the cost and more for a 2867. I have no desire to go aux fuel or WMI at any point with this car, its my DD so want to keep it sane, only looking to fill out the upper end of the rpm range a bit. With these goals in mind would it still be worth it do go with a 28xx over a hybrid?

·
Super Moderator
7,437 Posts
Maybe pricing is different down south, but the Hybrid turbo from TPC will run me about $1500 shipped, and an ATP 2860 kit will run me about $3000 shipped, so its about double the cost and more for a 2867. I have no desire to go aux fuel or WMI at any point with this car, its my DD so want to keep it sane, only looking to fill out the upper end of the rpm range a bit. With these goals in mind would it still be worth it do go with a 28xx over a hybrid?

Holy crap, My GTX3076r Gen 2 was like 2200 bucks for the ATP kit.

Yeah, you'd be much happier with the GTX, more power, better power band, room for future if you want. You can get around 350 whp on the 2867r. On just 93 pump gas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Holy crap, My GTX3076r Gen 2 was like 2200 bucks for the ATP kit.
I am basing my pricing from here:

I need to order from a Canadian supplier or I get ripped for customs charges etc... Then of course convert the prices to Canadian and add tax etc etc. I was thinking if I went that route it would be a Gen2 GTX 2860R with a .86 a/r. Since you have one, are the ATP kits pretty parts complete, or are there some other things needed to actually install it other than a tune.

Given that I am not really looking to get into the 350hp+ range I was thinking a Hybrid might do what I am looking for, for the least, and hopefully maintain stock level reliability.

·
Super Moderator
7,437 Posts
I am basing my pricing from here:

I need to order from a Canadian supplier or I get ripped for customs charges etc... Then of course convert the prices to Canadian and add tax etc etc. I was thinking if I went that route it would be a Gen2 GTX 2860R with a .86 a/r. Since you have one, are the ATP kits pretty parts complete, or are there some other things needed to actually install it other than a tune.

Given that I am not really looking to get into the 350hp+ range I was thinking a Hybrid might do what I am looking for, for the least, and hopefully maintain stock level reliability.
Customs, ohhhhh

The ATP kits are pretty complete. You will need an external bov though. So either a coldside charge pipe one, one mounted on a fmic, or one custom fabbed into the hotside pipe.

You need an aftermarket fmic to run a larger turbo as well. The OEM is notoriously bad even on the K03 turbo. Not good at all.

Reliability isn't that much of a concern at those power levels. When you are in the 425-450 whp range you should be worried.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts