Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, for those who have upgraded your turbo....how much difference in lower rpm (sub 3k) did you notice after the upgrade? I love the "insta-boost" of the factory setup, just curious how much of that fun factor goes away after the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ok well I have the a Speed6 also with a Corksport Turbo which is by measurement and flow slightly larger just a tiny bit bigger then I believe its the 2867, and the Speeds come with K04s factory which are bigger then these factory turbos to begin with. Anywho I have always said Id love to have the Corksport turbo I have on my Speed6 on my 18' ST, it pulls from really low I mean it builds full boost easily 2800 if not earlier but I wasn't built forged in my speed so I wasn't boosting alot below 3k, and it pulled 25 psi the whole way to 6800 and wouldve kept going had I tuned it up there. But we stopped at 7k. And my MAF housing was maxed at Maf flow so I couldn't up the boost anymore but it was good for 28 to 29 psi easy reliably. So I would say if I was going to go bigger turbo of anysort I'd go with the gtx2871 or one of the new G55-220 or whatever they are called. To me seeing as how Corksport compared the gt28 and their turbo very similarly that'd be the perfect mix of both worlds, lots of low end torque and continuous highend spool. I remember people putting the gt30 and gt35s on the mazdas and they wouldn't spool till 3500 or more depending on how big their housings were.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
GotAFoSTnSpeed6
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing