·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Oh boy let the fun begin.

Reactions: Zach99

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Extended warranties ;) Sensor trickfoolery is about quickest way to ruin an engine, but hey, warranty right ?

Years ago when AP/SCT type devices were not available, this was the only way - we have come a looong way since then. With AP/SCT selling used for about same price - why even bother with these much riskier programmable resistors.

How can you trust a vendor who calls resistors mechanical devices ? Resistors are not mechanical devices - they are electronic.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Ok guys...you know how it goes, if you don't like it then don't buy it. We all know what happened when they made a feeler thread earlier this year. Let's just let this one be.

Also don't harass a vendor for any reason. If you have an issue then take the mature route and PM/email, if that doesn't get a response then make a thread. Only warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello FocusST.ORG,

I am happy to be a vendor on your forum.

Ok guys...you know how it goes, if you don't like it then don't buy it. We all know what happened when they made a feeler thread earlier this year. Let's just let this one be.
Also don't harass a vendor for any reason. If you have an issue then take the mature route and PM/email, if that doesn't get a response then make a thread. Only warning.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a link to the original POST .

I would like to publicly apologize to the Mods and Admins for making that post without due inquiry and any hassle that may have created for you. While it was entertaining for many, I took a very public ridiculing and beating and even those willing to help soon vanished. I also got my hand slapped by the Mods so I stopped posting until recently.

I am now a Vendor and thrilled about it - I look forward to addressing everybody's doubts and concerns.

So if you are a vendor you can sell snake oil. That's good to know. Sad, but good to know.
There is enough data publicly available which proves that Turbo Transformer is not snake oil - it does everything it claims.
- increases boost (ECU does not learn down)
- maintains short term fuel trims
- does not trigger a CEL

In fact, a thorough and fair review has recently been conducted by a complete stranger to me -
LINK TO REVIEW

Blown motors in 3 2 1.... but without a trace of any reason why.

$200 ? wow. Expensive for MAP clamps.
Keep in mind there are initial investments, website costs, fees and taxes and many other things that quickly eat away from those allegedly high margins.

Here is a competitive product by CFM Performance that sells for $299. Burger tuning has some similar products for BMWs, Minis, Mercedes, etc and take a look at his prices - BURGER PRODUCTS and his most comparable product to Turbo Transformer, the JB Plus sells for $279.

At $199.99, I offer better value than any of those and you don't have to "remotely" adjust your boost with a big knob and a long cable into your cabin, nor do I make any fuel economy increase claims (are you kidding me?). You could call that snake oil - I am not here to rip any one off; nor have I claimed anything that isn't actually true.

And for the skeptics, here is
DATA.

Turbo Transformer Datalog
Stock Datalog

Extended warranties ;) Sensor trickfoolery is about quickest way to ruin an engine, but hey, warranty right ?

Years ago when AP/SCT type devices were not available, this was the only way - we have come a looong way since then. With AP/SCT selling used for about same price - why even bother with these much riskier programmable resistors.
Turbo Transformer is not a "programmable resistor". Turbo Transformer does not use a resistor of any type whatsoever. Here is what is inside -
View attachment 67137

There is nothing risky about,"Sensor Trickery", as you so eloquently put it, and it will not ruin an engine any faster than turning up the boost by programming the ECU, provided both cases run that exact boost curve, lambda and timing which is the case here.

While I can see a the advantage of being able to directly tune the ECU, there are some obvious advantages here as well - particularly one of not racking up the amount of downloads to your ECU. And finally, there are a huge amount of 1.6 L and 2.0 L ecoboost applications for which tunes don't exist. Focus ST, being one of the earlier platforms, was the obvious choice to experiment and test with. Mustang ecoboost comes out soon and there will not be a tune for it on day one - until here is one way to enjoy a few extra psi from your car safely.

And what further justifies a need for a device like Turbo Transformer is that, there will always be applications for which tuners will not bother making a tune. Just to name a few, here is a list directly from my E.O application. The 3.5L list is just as long, though I have not found a matching connector for that engine yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PN |MY, Make, Model | Engine |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TT-0001 2014 Ford Escape FWD 1.6L
TT-0001 2014 Ford Escape AWD 1.6L
TT-0001 2014 Ford Escape FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 Ford Escape AWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Edge FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 Ford Explorer FWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Focus ST FWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Fiesta ST FWD 1.6L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Fiesta / Fiesta SFE 1.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Fusion FWD 1.6L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Fusion AWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 Ford Fusion FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 Lincoln MKZ AWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 Lincoln MKZ FWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Special Service Police FWD 2.0L - my local PD doesn't have this :/
TT-0001 2014 Ford Taurus FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 LincolnMKT FWD Livery 2.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Taurus FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2014 Ford MKT FWD Livery 2.0L

TT-0001 2014 Ford Transit Connect Van 1.6L
TT-0001 2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon 1.6L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Mustang 2.3L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible 2.3L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Mustang SFE 2.3L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Escape FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Escape AWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Lincoln MKC FWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Explorer FWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Escape FWD 1.6L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Escape AWD 1.6L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Transit Connect Van 1.6L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Transit Connect Wagon 1.6L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Fiesta ST FWD 1.6L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Special Service Police FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Taurus FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Lincoln MKT FWD Livery 2.0L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Fiesta / Fiesta SFE 1.0L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Fusion AWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Ford Fusion FWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Lincoln MKZ AWD 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Lincoln MKZ FWD 2.0L

TT-0001 2015 Ford Fusion FWD 1.6L

TT-0001 2013-2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L
TT-0001 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L

If there are any concerns I have not addressed, please post them here or PM me directly. As many have requested and suggested, I will organize a group buy soon.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
@ameya, your product is not for me as I am already tuned, but best of luck to you, congratulations on your perseverance. The positive review by @Bugasu was very interesting indeed. I was especially pleased to read what he said about you personally!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can the product be piggy backed on top of a tune? Then dialed in properly with the tune and logs?

I, for one, appreciate anyone/vendor who is attempting to contribute to the community. As many have said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't bash on a product, person, or vendor, with out first being educated on what they are offering. I agree, there are a great many products out there that aren't worth the plastic or metal that encapsulates the wires or circuit boards, but without someone actually using the product, how do you really know it's limits and capabilities?

Many on the forum seem too quick to compare and accuse vendors of a great many things, without educating themselves first. In reality, I would not condone bashing anyone regardless, as we really should be above this as adults, but to each his/her own.

Stepping off my soapbox now..

With that said, Welcome Turbo Transformer.. Where where you 3 months ago?? lol I've been staying in MH since June and brought my ST out there in August. I'm working in the area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can the product be piggy backed on top of a tune? Then dialed in properly with the tune and logs?

I, for one, appreciate anyone/vendor who is attempting to contribute to the community. As many have said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't bash on a product, person, or vendor, with out first being educated on what they are offering. I agree, there are a great many products out there that aren't worth the plastic or metal that encapsulates the wires or circuit boards, but without someone actually using the product, how do you really know it's limits and capabilities?

Many on the forum seem too quick to compare and accuse vendors of a great many things, without educating themselves first. In reality, I would not condone bashing anyone regardless, as we really should be above this as adults, but to each his/her own.

Stepping off my soapbox now..

With that said, Welcome Turbo Transformer.. Where where you 3 months ago?? lol I've been staying in MH since June and brought my ST out there in August. I'm working in the area.

Sourskittle is running one piggybacked on his tune - he could comment on this. I think the Turbo Transformer not help much in this case except with a faster spool and possibly more boost at the lower end. I think by doubling up, any boost gain would be lost to timing retard - especially to crap California 91 octane summer blend.

Is your FoST blue by any chance? I always see one driving around South San Jose and parked in MH.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No.. Mine is Tuxedo Black. Won't be in MH as much now, as I have found a place in Santa Clara. I'll be out there occasionally to say hi to my peeps (ah to be young again and actually talk this way) at the MH Residence Inn. Spent 3 months there.. Great bunch..

If you see a Tuxedo Black ST, totally debadged (happening this week), that'll probably be me..

·
Registered
38 Posts
@pslst - thank you for the kind words.
@Sourskittle - thanks for the support since the beginning and not wussing out despite all the negativity.

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

No.. Mine is Tuxedo Black. Won't be in MH as much now, as I have found a place in Santa Clara. I'll be out there occasionally to say hi to my peeps (ah to be young again and actually talk this way) at the MH Residence Inn. Spent 3 months there.. Great bunch..

If you see a Tuxedo Black ST, totally debadged (happening this week), that'll probably be me..
Got it.

If you (or anybody else) in the bay area wants to try one out, PM me.
To those in the LA area - I may send a unit to my colleague there who would let people borrow it to test it on their car and feel the difference for themselves before they made a purchase. I think being able to test drive it would largely influence ones buying decision.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts